Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A parts quest with a happy ending

We had a guy at Nak in the early 90s, Jose, in parts/shipping who used to drink on Fridays. Everybody knew about it, it wasn't a secret. We all thought it was funny. Wasn't there some urban legend about how you didn't want a GM car that was built on a Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    We had a guy at Nak in the early 90s, Jose, in parts/shipping who used to drink on Fridays. Everybody knew about it, it wasn't a secret. We all thought it was funny. Wasn't there some urban legend about how you didn't want a GM car that was built on a Friday?
    Only on Fridays? I drink a couple of beers when if I want. Friday, Tuesday or any other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    Only on Fridays? I drink a couple of beers when if I want. Friday, Tuesday or any other day.
    At work? In the US even having a beer at lunch is frowned upon. We were founded by Puritans and they're taking hold again. But Jose drank Tequila, LOTS of Tequila on Friday. By the end of the day he was sh**faced.

At work? In the US even having a beer at lunch is frowned upon. We were founded by Puritans and they're taking hold again. But Jose drank Tequila, LOTS of Tequila on Friday. By the end of the day he was sh**faced.
    No, not at work. But as I am retired because of a large back operation, I can take a beer whenever it suits me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    No, not at work. But as I am retired because of a large back operation, I can take a beer whenever it suits me.
    Good for you, you lucky dog!

Good for you, you lucky dog!
    Well, I miss the "good days" at work. I was never drinking at work. Not bad ones., But, I am happy to have hobbies. Like my dog, taking photos etc. Right now it is not so great, as a very good friend of mine is on a (don't know the english word) place, just waiting to die. He was 60 on Dec 10. I visit him 2 -3 times a week. Just to see that it is going "down hill". He has a brain tumor. But he is my long time friend, and I would not dream to abandon him. To many of his "so called friends" has done that"

Many things I could say, but this is enough for now.

To many of his "so called friends" has done that"
    Not to make excuses for them but many people have a hard time facing that type of situation. It's not easy to watch someone you care for steadily decine like that. Some people can get past what they see and have the inner strength to do it others don't. Doesn't make them bad people we all have our strong points.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Not to make excuses for them but many people have a hard time facing that type of situation. It's not easy to watch someone you care for steadily decine like that. Some people can get past what they see and have the inner strength to do it others don't. Doesn't make them bad people we all have our strong points.

Rob
    I am aware of this Rob, and I don't say they are bad people. But, when I was making some calls about a week before his birthday, many say they could not come, and that is OK. I asked them "why not send a card"? No cards showed up. The 10 of us that showed up had a nice couple of hours, and thou he has lost his ability to talk and write, I can tell you he appreciated it.

Now... In situations like this my personal meaning is that, and it is tuff, but one must take a deep breathe, and just go. I need at least 1 day, 2 is better just to take another deep breath, and visit him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post

Rob
    So true. I lost my twin brother to leukemia last year, and the steady decline was sad for me and the rest of the family, but really not something for "outsiders" to observe or be a part of. We pretty much kept his last month or so private. I probably would have been one of the uncomfortable ones before this experience.

Thank for shearing our thoughts.

So true. I lost my twin brother to leukemia last year, and the steady decline was sad for me and the rest of the family, but really not something for "outsiders" to observe or be a part of. We pretty much kept his last month or so private. I probably would have been one of the uncomfortable ones before this experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Wornears View Post
    "My personal favorite is the several hundred DX-1 networks that ended up in the trash. Even the President of JBL Consumer was flabbergasted by that one."

Yeow! Gotta love a company with that kind of internal control. Maybe they should contract out Customer Service to a group that gives a care -- like L-H forum members!

Who's with me! <G>
    So what I heard about the DX-1's is true. Here I am owning a pair of XPL-200A's, wishing I had a DX-1, and willing to pay a REASONABLE sum of cash for it, and these fools threw a bunch in the trash. Boggles the mind. Idiots are taking over the world.
    Biamped XPL-200A's on Yamaha M-2 and PC-2602M amplifiers.

Thread Information