Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A parts quest with a happy ending

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    When I first saw that, I thought it was like a string of hardened glue or something. I was trying to rub it off when it finally dawned on me what it was. My mind just wasn't processing "crack in cast driver frame".

So it is a crack?

Was a crack. That one went back to them in March I think.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Seems simple enough, if they don't want to sell the stuff, then take down the website where it's for sale. Problem solved.
    It is a mechanism for Harman to purge overruns. It has to do with their buyer/planner/vendor business model.

Harman does not want us to be able to det parts from "the old good stuff". I wonder what they wil do with the guarante redarding the -DD66000.

China made? Mexico Made? Don't know. Mybe I get a pair of DD66000 soon,. (original drivers made in the US, cabinets made in Denmark) We will see, if the prise is right.

Is that a bingo?

Name:  2011-12-08_19-20-36_658.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  59.5 KB

It sure is purty, ma.
    Out.

There is a Santa Clause!!!!!

So, parts to the DD66000 is not available?

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    So, parts to the DD66000 is not available?
    They are available through Crown if one has a valid serial number. Crown handles service for the Synthesis Systems. The easiest thing to do is to let your Synthesis Dealer deal with it.

There has been a rumor floating around that Crown might end up handling service for everything JBL, including Harman Consumer Group and Pro (gasp!). That rumor has been around for a couple years now.

Thanks. The reason I ask is that maybeI can get a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    They are available through Crown if one has a valid serial number. Crown handles service for the Synthesis Systems. The easiest thing to do is to let your Synthesis Dealer deal with it.

There has been a rumor floating around that Crown might end up handling service for everything JBL, including Harman Consumer Group and Pro (gasp!). That rumor has been around for a couple years now.

Now this is really weird. I was about to toss the box, when I found a pair of straps in a little ziplock bag in the bottom of the box. All I needed was one strap, and I was sent an incorrect strap, four correct straps, a crossover, and a terminal board. And my money was refunded so I paid nothing. I'm not saying I'm not grateful, but what the heck are they smoking in the parts department at Harmon?

Name:  2011-12-16_19-34-36_242.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  68.0 KB

Heh, well you now have a fair start at assembling parts for a matching center channel

I could order a woofer, they'll send me the tweet and the waveguide by mistake. I'll complain and they'll refund my money and then send me two woofers a month later and I'll be set!

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    I'm not saying I'm not grateful, but what the heck are they smoking in the parts department at Harman?
    We don't know if it has to do with pharmaceuticals or if it's simply in the water. We do know that they often do really nutty things. My personal favorite is the several hundred DX-1 networks that ended up in the trash. Even the President of JBL Consumer was flabbergasted by that one.

My caring and concern has turned to detached disgust over time. We all can understand a screw up or two and move on but when it becomes a way of doing business year after year it's no longer understandable.

"My personal favorite is the several hundred DX-1 networks that ended up in the trash. Even the President of JBL Consumer was flabbergasted by that one."

Yeow! Gotta love a company with that kind of internal control. Maybe they should contract out Customer Service to a group that gives a care -- like L-H forum members!

Who's with me! <G>

Thread Information