Hello All,

Please give your opinions on the Ashley XR-4001, Electronic 4 way Stereo Crossover to use as a Bi-amp crossover for my JBL 4345 project.

The prices of the stock JBL 4345 crossovers are prohibitive, at about 2K+ per pair, and hard to find.

Can I use this Ashley unit only, and delete the passive crossover unit entirely?

Will it work well in this application?

Are there better alternitives?

Please find the item description below. I would very much appreciate Lansing Heritage members responses to this inquirey. Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The XR-4001 is a stereo four-way 24dB per octave electronic crossover in a two rack space metal chassis.

Has separate front panel input level controls on all channels for interfacing with broad range of nominal system levels.

Each channel has independent, infinitely variable adjustment of crossover frequency with controls located on the front panel.

Provides a total range of 200:1 when used in conjunction with the unit's adjacent RANGE switch.

Each RESPONSE control calibrated in decibels on each channel to adjust the damping of that filter at the crossover point, thus allowing variable system response adjustment to specific site requirements.

Includes separate clip indicators to monitor all internal amplifiers for any possible overload conditions.

Each channel of the crossover unit has a separate output level control and mute switch located on the front panel.

Separate inputs and outputs for each channel on 1/4" TRS phone jacks and XLR connectors, any of which may be used balanced or unbalanced.

In addition, there are independent mono summed output labeled MONO LOW OUT (on a separate 1/4. TRS jack and an XLR jack).