Views: 15663
Size:  129.9 KBName:  SAM_3291.jpg
Views: 4529
Size:  104.0 KBName:  SAM_3296.jpg
Views: 5284
Size:  110.3 KBName:  SAM_3271.jpg
Views: 4804
Size:  140.4 KB

It seems that this new french company have a real know-how in refurbishing JBL speakers.

regards
    A69

Beautiful Speakers....

These speakers look amazing. I actually had never seen any JBL speakers before until I bought mine 250Ti ten months ago (never interested in getting into the hi fi stuffs in the past due to budget reason).

The very first time I saw the 4345 photos, I wanted them in my living roon (though I have no space for them). They look big but I am not sure how big dimensions wise. I've spent quiet a bit of time searching for the 'for sale ads' on this baby and have learned that these are rare and expensive. I saw the listing on the Bay one time and location was France (maybe from the same company here?). I just love everything I see about these speakers.

Anyway, from their look I have no doubt about the sonic. Just wish I have a chance to listen to one of these in person.

Thanks for sharing the photos of the beauty. It surely is a nice way to start off your day.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine69 View Post
    Hi all
    Sorry, on the lats thread there was a little problem about the link

It seems that this new french company have a real know-how in refurbishing JBL speakers.
    Can't seem to find the "last thread", but if these are new-to-you, you're in for the thrill of a lifetime!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

He (or a moderator) deleted his previous thread...

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Can't seem to find the "last thread", but if these are new-to-you, you're in for the thrill of a lifetime!
    BMWCCA, the speaker in your avatar looks just like the attached photos except your faceplate is not blue. Is that a customer color or JBL also makes them in different color?

Do you still own them? I am so jealous of those who own these beauties.

Do you have physical dimensions of these speakers? Weight?

What kind of amps are you driving these with? Finally, how do they sound?

Thanks.

There's a thread here that offered my set for sale and through which I found them. Here's the short version:

Cabinets were built by the Rick of KenRick Sound and populated with mostly new or re-coned drivers by Dave of Katzass Audio along with his custom c.c. crossovers from the schematic posted here at LH. Dave sold them to NewZenith on this forum, who sold them to me about three years ago.

I believe Rick made three black-ash baffle 4345 sets; this one, a complete one that was sold, and another not yet populated, and he kept another black ash baffle for himself to complete at a later date. The wood lenses are also from Rick/Kenji.

Physical dimensions are 43-5/16" x 30-1/8" x 18-1/2”, adding 2-inches to the depth when the grilles are installed. Net weight of the stock version was around 230-pounds each. That info is available here: http://www.jblpro.com/pub/obsolete/4345.pdf

Mine are bi-amped with an Ashly XR1001 electronic crossover into Crown DC300A-II and D150A-II amps. I've always intended to swap in my Crown PS-400 and PS-200 for their turn-on delay but just never got around to it.

They sound . . . just like I hoped they would: Authoritative low-end, nice punch in the mid-bass, accurate in the vocal range, and sizzling on the highs when required. It all blends well and the sound stage is captivating. Horns sound fantastic on horns and the 4-ways are an improvement over the other iconic JBL 3-way monitors that have always been my benchmark.

It's been a fun three years with these and I'm hoping for ten-times that into the future!

So, are those in the pics now yours??
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thanks for all the details and sharing your experience with them.
    And I wish those in the photos are mine (though I won't have proper room/space for them to really sing). They'll just be my big dream for now.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    There's a thread here that offered my set for sale and through which I found them. Here's the short version:

Cabinets were built by the Rick of KenRick Sound and populated with mostly new or re-coned drivers by Dave of Katzass Audio along with his custom c.c. crossovers from the schematic posted here at LH. Dave sold them to NewZenith on this forum, who sold them to me about three years ago.

I believe Rick made three black-ash baffle 4345 sets; this one, a complete one that was sold, and another not yet populated, and he kept another black ash baffle for himself to complete at a later date. The wood lenses are also from Rick/Kenji.

Physical dimensions are 43-5/16" x 30-1/8" x 18-1/2”, adding 2-inches to the depth when the grilles are installed. Net weight of the stock version was around 230-pounds each. That info is available here: http://www.jblpro.com/pub/obsolete/4345.pdf

Mine are bi-amped with an Ashly XR1001 electronic crossover into Crown DC300A-II and D150A-II amps. I've always intended to swap in my Crown PS-400 and PS-200 for their turn-on delay but just never got around to it.

They sound . . . just like I hoped they would: Authoritative low-end, nice punch in the mid-bass, accurate in the vocal range, and sizzling on the highs when required. It all blends well and the sound stage is captivating. Horns sound fantastic on horns and the 4-ways are an improvement over the other iconic JBL 3-way monitors that have always been my benchmark.

It's been a fun three years with these and I'm hoping for ten-times that into the future!

So, are those in the pics now yours??

Jbl 4345 refurbished

Theses speakers were refurbished by a French company: REV-JBL.
    You can visit it's website here: rev-jbl.com
    There are a lot of other speakers.
    It seems that Kenrick sound has a new competitor all over the world!

here he goes again...

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine69 View Post
    Theses speakers were refurbished by a French company...
    Hi Antoine, some members think you are posting an advertisement for this firm. There is nothing wrong in doing so, but if that is the case you should make that clear and you should post it in the Market Place area.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Hi Antoine, some members think you are posting an advertisement for this firm.
    Same guy with the over-priced oddly-colored stuff on Ebay? "Your choice of color."

Hi Antoine, some members think you are posting an advertisement for this firm. There is nothing wrong in doing so, but if that is the case you should make that clear and you should post it in the Market Place area.

Widget
    Hi Widget,
    It's not and advertisement, because i think this French company can't sell it's production because the shippment cost to US.
    But , don't you share with me the idea that we have to write about everything beatiful concerning JBL stuff?

On this forum, many people write about "Kenrick" ' (see some post above in this thread!!)
    Why is it so difficult for french people to share their know how, and work hand in hand with each other.

Antoine

There is nothing wrong with sharing. It is the whole point of being here. I am not sure why you keep bring up Kenrick... they are not endorsed by this site. The firm was created by two members who discovered they had synergistic talents and interests. The reason that they show up here so often is the general high quality of their work and the fact that they are so prolific and they are also forum members.

We have several French forum members there is no reason why the people behind REV-JBL can't also join and share their interest in Lansing Heritage with us as well. I suppose there may be the language barrier, this isn't exclusively a North American site, but it does require some degree of familiarity with the English language.

Widget

Here is a video shot with a Canon cam and a stereo Rode mic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNy4YYct1pI

Enjoy

thanks for your welcome

There is nothing wrong with sharing. It is the whole point of being here. I am not sure why you keep bring up Kenrick... they are not endorsed by this site. The firm was created by two members who discovered they had synergistic talents and interests. The reason that they show up here so often is the general high quality of their work and the fact that they are so prolific and they are also forum members.

We have several French forum members there is no reason why the people behind REV-JBL can't also join and share their interest in Lansing Heritage with us as well. I suppose there may be the language barrier, this isn't exclusively a North American site, but it does require some degree of familiarity with the English language.

Widget
    Ok
    it's nice to be wellcome on this forum. And i think there is an equal work quality between the two companies.
    Antoin

Thread Information