Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JBL Blue Paint Formula. Repainting 4301B

JBL Blue Paint Formula. Repainting 4301B

Below is the formula I found doing a search on the forum. It is from 2005 and I took it to the Sherwin Williams shop and they said Violet is not a pigment that they use:

Sherwin Williams pigments and using a Martin Senour "Bright Life" Latex Eggshell Enamel, Neutral Base (Qt.):
    Black: 22/32
    Blue: 1 oz + 16/32
    Violet: 16/32
    Red Oxide: 1/64
    White: 21/32
    Does anyone have a revised formula for JBL blue? I'm repainting a pair of 4301B's.

I remember RAL5007 being mentioned over and over again.

RE: Sherwin Williams Paint Formula

I went to a Sherwin Williams store near my house this afternoon with this Sherwin Williams Formula, and I had a Gallon done up.

Not Even Close! Sherwin williams has also changed their pigments.

Does anyone have a little bit of paint, that is a good match to the original JBL Blue that they can make a paint sample and put it on a white 3 x 5 card, and send to me?

If you can send it to me, I will take it down to Home Depot and have it analyzed on there paint matching machine.

I will then post the formula on the forum for everyone to use.

Thanks,

Mike Vannozzi, 7905 Canyons Park Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada 89131

Mike, it's already listed on this site somewhere. Come Monday the regulars may have it.

RAL 5007 is a color standard I see referenced quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    RAL 5007 is a color standard I see referenced quite a bit.
    Looks good. JFGI!

Name:  RAL_5007_brillantblau.jpg
Views: 5051
Size:  38.9 KB
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

JBL Blue Paint

I went to the Home Depot with the Bher formula that is posted on this website, and was told by the paint guy that he couldn't reproduce the formula because Bher has changed its recently computer system, and its tinting formulas.

So then, I went to the Sherwin williams store with the other formula that is posted on this website, and the paint guy at Sherwin Williams mixed up a gallon for me, and the paint looked like a bluish/brownish color. I asked him why, and he said that Sherwin Williams has also changed some of their pigments.

I then went home to my computer, and printed out on my photo quality printer various photos of the JBL 4345 from google images. The paint guy at Sherwin Williams and I compaired the photos to paint swatches he had in the store, and the closest that we could come up with is the following:

using a 1 gallon can of: ProMar 200 ZERO VOC Interior latex (Egg shell sheen)

Color: SW 6803 Danube

I can't compare it side by side to a swatch of original JBL Blue, but I think it's very close.

It aso looks very very close to the RAL 5007. Does anyone know who makes RAL 5007 ?
    Last edited by vannozzi; 01-17-2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: change

Quote Originally Posted by vannozzi View Post
    Does anyone know who makes RAL 5007 ?
    http://www.ralcolor.com/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAL_%28...pace_system%29

Warning: The Wiki link won't work for 24-hours after midnight EST. The blackout is a protest against proposed legislation in the United States – the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the U.S. House of Representatives, and the PROTECT IP Act (PIPA) in the U.S. Senate – that, if passed, would seriously damage the free and open Internet, including Wikipedia.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    if passed, would seriously damage the free and open Internet, including Wikipedia.
    Including this site, as well. Just a link to a copyrighted piece of music, drawing, lyric, whatever would be enough to get the site disabled. Mods would have to screen evey post for copyright violations before allowing them to be displayed.

Enough OT, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Mods would have to screen evey post for copyright violations before allowing them to be displayed.
    And that includes pictures or scan of any coorporation-owned material. No more official shots of a JBL product, or its specs, unless the copyright owner supplies a release. Also, any material is copyrighted unless you get the expressed permission to use it. Therefore I can sue this forum if somebody links a picture of my speakers, and the forum can be closed for that.

I am 100% for the protection of ownership rights. Not how this government tries to enforce it.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm also looking to match the JBL blue on my original 4343s. Based on earlier posts, I got some Sherwin-Williams blue paint chips (including 6803 Danube) and here's the result:

6803 Danube (2nd from top) is not a match to my 4343s. My 4343s look closest in hue to SW 9149 Inky Blue (2nd from bottom) if it was darker. I'll keep looking for paint chips from other brands to see how close I can get.

Drew

hi i used valspar 4007-6c deep twillight blue signature on my 4343's and 4315's and also valspar VRO84A / DEEP PACIFIC on my 4350's . both of these are satin finish. maybe these might work for you. 1st one at lowes and the second at ace hardware. this was a couple of years ago. they were just about a dead on match.

Quote Originally Posted by KTG View Post
    hi i used valspar 4007-6c deep twillight blue signature on my 4343's and 4315's and also valspar VRO84A / DEEP PACIFIC on my 4350's . both of these are satin finish. maybe these might work for you. 1st one at lowes and the second at ace hardware. this was a couple of years ago. they were just about a dead on match.
    Thanks for the info KTG, I will definitely follow up with the Valspar 4007-6C at my Lowes...appreciate it!

Back from Lowes with some Valspar samples:

It looks like Valspar 4010-6 Baritone Blues is the closest match.

Your welcome, getting very close, i don't know if they still have the deep pacific color from valspar, try that if you can drew.

Thread Information