Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Large studio monitor clone take two

Quote Originally Posted by Amnes View Post
    I never had such problems when buying used gear from Poles, so it turns out that either Germans aren't as stand up as they used to be or Germany is no longer populated by Germans (for the most part). I keep seeing Arab Indian and Chinese last names on bills from DE. Just a random rant.

Son, rant all you want, but please direct it at individuals and not countries. Dangerous generalizations. We don't need this here! Sorry you've run into such problems.
    Control 25AV on the deck - L1 - L20t & L80t in piano black - 4312A - 4430

I am currently being scammed out of three BBS wheel caps by "an American" in Detroit. It doesn't make all Americans dirty rotten scoundrels

When I was a kid in the early 1970s, we had "innocent" jokes on Blacks, Jews, Poles, Ukranians, Gipsies, Italians, Yugoslavians, Irish, Mexicans, women, homos etc, and they came very naturally to any conversation... I am glad we have opened up our mind and now think those were ridiculous or even discuting.

This is a subject best left to the

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    I am currently being scammed out of three BBS wheel caps by "an American" in Detroit. It doesn't make all Americans dirty rotten scoundrels

When I was a kid in the early 1970s, we had "innocent" jokes on Blacks, Jews, Poles, Ukranians, Gipsies, Italians, Yugoslavians, Irish, Mexicans, women, homos etc, and they came very naturally to any conversation... I am glad we have opened up our mind and now think those were ridiculous or even discuting.
    Yahoo boards

Not true on the paypal part. About 25% of Germans don't ever accept paypal under no circumstances due to fees. The seller was clearly not a scammer since he has over 1000 transactions in the past 10 years with a 100% score and he actually sent me the merch. I asked previously but didn't get an anwser - can a 2245 have a shifted magnet? If yes it could be an explanation of the problem.

I know how to distinguish a scammer from a straight up seller. It just happens to be easier not to react for the seller when the buyer is far away than to solve the problem and be a man. After all what am I gonna do? Well I'm not the kind of person to stand around and wait. BTW most of the bad and funny stuff about Poles is true. There is a German joke: Go to Poland - your car is already there.

If one side of the coil (cone) can slightly move, but the other is completely stuck, my vote goes for a shifted magnet. To most people, the basket is now junk. If you are ambitious, you could reglue it and make sure it is perfectly centered by making your own shims using non-magnetic material. Teflon sheets, plastic. But unless you can delicately remove the suspension and the spider, consider them history.

That could be the deal here. Clearly it's not my fault they are defective so one way or another I will get my cash back. I've been screwed around with so many times by now in online purchases that it no longer makes any impression on me. It's just money however it is my money thus I will not be pr15 on the topic of getting it back. It still sucks.

I've been screwed around with so many times by now in online purchases...
    This why it pays to buy from reputable people from a forum such as this one.
    But I think that once you explain the problem to the person you bought from, he will make it right.

Looks like I was quick to draw conclusions after 4 days of no contact form the 2245 guy. From what I remember internet savoir-vivre 101 says if you may not check your email for more than 2 days either tell the people you mail with or set up an autoreply. From my examination of the woofers it looks like shifted magnets. Now another quick question. I finally recieved the d16r2405's. Yellow NOS. I was kinda quick to open the boxes so can't say if they were ever opened but there is somthing I must ask JBL gurus about before returning the reund to the seller. Is it standard JBL practice to run a ballpoint pen over the diaphragm foil? The first one has a much thicker line easier to see, because the dias are from distant production runs (one is '90 other unknown)

.......... Now another quick question. I finally recieved the d16r2405's. Yellow NOS. I was kinda quick to open the boxes so can't say if they were ever opened but there is somthing I must ask JBL gurus about before returning the reund to the seller. Is it standard JBL practice to run a ballpoint pen over the diaphragm foil? The first one has a much thicker line easier to see, because the dias are from distant production runs (one is '90 other unknown)

May be You can read:
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post319074
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post187592
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post188524

Thanks! I would have never thought to search this topic on the forum since it was so awkward to me.

Moar gear:

2235h and Rick Cobb edges:

Knobs, ma15, grill pegs:

I'm ordering x-over parts tomorrow. The 2245ers are in spedition back to DE. Hope to close that case soon.

Cheers, Maciek.

Are you going to run two 2235 (or one 2235 and one 2234) per cabinet? Perhaps even one 2235 and one 2225 if you like a bit more kick and rolling bass than studio sound...

I'm building 4344's so there will be one 2235 per cabinet . I hope to build 4355ers some day too tho.

Moar gear:

2235h and Rick Cobb edges:

The 2245ers are in spedition back to DE. Hope to close that case soon.

Cheers, Maciek.
    Nice to see so many JBL drivers and accessories, but where are mid-basses ?
    About 2245, may be interesting: (in Europe)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-Model-22...item58904b9013
    Best luck
    Ivica

PS. Ops, my mistake about the location, it is Canada.... :-((

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Nice to see so many JBL drivers and accessories, but where are mid-basses ?
    About 2245, may be interesting: (in Europe)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-Model-22...item58904b9013
    Those are in Canada. I wouldn't buy them as the recones are aftermarket and his installs usually are a bit sloppy.

Thread Information