Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Large studio monitor clone take two

Quote Originally Posted by Amnes View Post
    Still pissed furious. My anger management and meditation was going so well untill today...
    Just when you start thinking you can go out in public again this shit happens... damn.

One more question. Are air coils advised over iron core coils? My mate is sticking to original spec. I'm thinking of mixing it up. Any insight?
    I always use air core when possible... make sure you use a large enough wire gauge so that the DCR doesn't increase.

Widget

Good to know regarding the coils. I guess I will only stick to iron core on the coils neighbouring lpads.

BTW i have filed a paypal claim. The seller is playing stupid. Even the serial #'s don't match. See for yourselves:

Advertised: http://www.monalbum.fr/Album=WZQFFJUG

I think it's clear the advert fotos show a pair of 2231a's with JBL original stamped and chalked 2235 cones with a refoam job.

Recieved: http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...y/JBL%202231a/

A set with aftermarket generic 15" cones, not even 2235 knockoffs, no markings, nothing.

It's the first time I've been screwed with on ebay. I hope I will not stay with a set of 700USD shitworth JBL drivers.

FYI, I have a pair of freshish re-coned 2235's here. I got the re cone kits from the official JBL dealer here, kits were in unopened boxes and no where on the cones was written 2235.

Allan.

Nonetheless those I recieved are not original. Paypal has informed me I have to return the speakers (at my cost) to the seller to recieve a refund. That is a ripoff but rather spend 30 bucks than end up with a pair of worthless drivers.

Nonetheless those I recieved are not original.
    How can you be certain? How do they look on the front side?

Widget

Nonetheless those I recieved are not original.
    Original 2234/2235 cones should have a white ink stamped number of 50320 on the back side of the cone. All six of my 2235H's have it. I think this was the JBL part number for the cone assembly. Amnes, do you see this on yours? Hard to find/see on a couple of mine.
    Control 25AV on the deck - L1 - L20t & L80t in piano black - 4312A - 4430

Quote Originally Posted by Jonis View Post
    Original 2234/2235 cones should have a white ink stamped number of 50320 on the back side of the cone. All six of my 2235H's have it. I think this was the JBL part number for the cone assembly. Amnes, do you see this on yours? Hard to find/see on a couple of mine.
    As I said, I have 2 2235's with newish genuine kits in them. They have no writing whatsoever. Test them.

Allan.

As previously stated - no stamps, no nothing. Please see the pictures from the seller and mine. His pictures clearly show stamps and JBL handwriting. In addition to that there can be seen redish/brown glue residue from the original foam. Also the cone in his pictures is grey. Mine is made of thin, black paperish stuff. Even the serial number does not match the one from the sellers advertised pictures. He deliberately advertised these speakers with a set of fotos of a different pair of 2231a's which were in much better shape. I'm not keeping them, they are shit.

The ones seen packed in boxes are the ones I recieved. They are a different pair than the ones which flipside is seen in other fotos. I call that manipulation.

The ones seen packed in boxes are the ones I recieved. They are a different pair than the ones which flipside is seen in other fotos. I call that manipulation.
    I won't dispute the quality of the woofers you received, but there is every possibility that the seller posted pics that were easily obtained while shipping the boxed up set. He may have innocently believed they were equivalent. I would gently approach the seller and explain the situation... "please send me the pair that were pictured out of the packing because the ones shipped are not of equal value".

Even if his intention was to screw you, pissing him off won't help your case. That said, I think there is more ignorance out there than blatant dishonesty.

Widget

I can send you copies of the messages I sent at first to him. I did just what you mentioned - suggested he made a mistake and sent a diffetent pair to which he replied ballistic and accusing towards me (the person who has paid for his mistake) which was followed by me being even more severely pissedoff and filing a claim. I know how to handle delicate situations in buyer-seller relationships from the seller pov very well but when someone has no intent to take responsibility and acts like a child from whom a lolliepop was taken away then there is nothing to discuss further. I simply take a note never to do business with such a person again and pass the word out to anyone hipothetically interested in doing so in the future.

The manipulation intentional or not was something he just couldn't back out of for reasons which will never be known to me nor understandable. Just another transaction gone south, not the first and not the last.

The manipulation intentional or not was something he just couldn't back out of for reasons which will never be known to me nor understandable. Just another transaction gone south, not the first and not the last.
    That's too bad... good luck getting your refund. Typically PayPal is on the side of the buyer so you should come out more or less whole.

Widget

I think I couldn't have gotten a better deal than this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...#ht_500wt_1361

So far so good. I hope the Italian post doesn't mess it up.

Oh I forgot I was kinda screwed again. A set of 2425J with 2425h dias appears to be a set of 16ohm 2425j's with one dia blown. Quite a combination of mistakes in the description. I don't know how the people selling JBL gear happen to mix everything up lately and ship out goods not even nearly matching descriptions. Must be somthing in the water over here.

Oh I forgot I was kinda screwed again. A set of 2425J with 2425h dias appears to be a set of 16ohm 2425j's with one dia blown. Quite a combination of mistakes in the description. I don't know how the people selling JBL gear happen to mix everything up lately and ship out goods not even nearly matching descriptions. Must be somthing in the water over here.
    Probably has to do with distance. It is not interesting to return goods overseas...

Anyway - replace with 2 new dia's of desired impedance and you are good to go. You can't buy compression drivers via eBay and expect the dia's to work. Accept working dia's as a bonus.

Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by yggdrasil View Post
    Anyway - replace with 2 new dia's of desired impedance and you are good to go. You can't buy compression drivers via eBay and expect the dia's to work. Accept working dia's as a bonus.
    I actually prefer buying blown drivers as you are not paying for a used diaphragm of unknown quality. If the seller acknowledges that the diaphragms are shot you pay less and then you can buy quality diaphragms and know exactly what you have.

Widget

True, but we have far less drivers floating around the market than in the USA. The drivers came actually from Germany. I haven't yet had a single problem with a deal in Europe, and now two gone south in a week. I've been told a pair of woofs has arrived at my uncles place in PA, so they will be here in about two months.

Meeting with a carpenter tomorrow.

Thread Information