Hello.

As some of you might remember nearly a year ago I did some heavy spamming on this forum regarding the topic of 4345 clones. I sold the project to a fellow diyer audiophile who most likely browses these forums alot since afaik all he has left to do is mount some crossovers in the boxes.

Currently undergoing are some heavy preparations in my household to build a pair of 4344 clones except this time around I'm not the one laying down the cash. Apparently my dad happened to gradually build empathy for my long gone 4345 project which he disliked earlier. As you can guess I have been assigned to "take care of things and make stuff happen" not so uncommon in terms of parent child relationships. The idea of doing a jbl build is much more interesting than taking out the garbage so I committed to help.

So far I have gathered a nice pair of 2123h's 2405's with new dias on the way and still in the mail are pairs of 2235's and 2425h's. Also managed to source a pair of nos d8r2425's. Clearly a set of 2307's is still missing. (Anyone with surplus 2307's please do not hesitate to contact me.)

After a quick glance at the driver selection it becomes apparent the crossover weapon of choice was to build a pair of cc'ed 4344 mkII for the top 3-way and mate it with an active xover. But there is a but. The patron of this project assumed the finished product will only require a quick swap of cables from one pair of speakers to the other in order to listen to some music and refuses to stack up more gear in the living room. And we all know that means full passive...

Would it be a very bad idea to simply pretend the 2235's are me150h's? I assume pretty bed since they are completely different beasts. I'm stuck. And dumbfolded.

All opinions are welcome.

I might add, that there is a slight possibility I will manage to convince pops that active biamping is the proper way to go but that will most likely involve me buying a full set of active biamping gear and presenting it to him which I plan to do either way since I want to have this kind of gear for my own enjoyment. But it will take a while...

I might start a thread in general discussion because there are loads of options in terms gear selection for this matter many of which most likely are straight up failures.

BTW, will post pics of all the speakers together when they arrive. I'll also add that take three is already in the works since finding nice pairs of speakers often involves buying less attractive pairs too