Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: L-65's Impressive

  1. #1
    Senior Member Uncle Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Oregon City, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    374

    L-65's Impressive

    I heard a pair of these for the first time tonight while auditioning an amp, and I was very impressed. Nothing lacking in them at all and very musical. I really didn't expect them to be this good after some of the things I've read. No shrillness, no lack of or artificial sounding bass - everything was just right, and the music just sparkled.
    "Zobel is as zobel does"

  2. #2
    Senior Member Audiobeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    St. Peters, Mo just west of St. Louis.
    Posts
    2,399
    I've always enjoyed them when they are right. Good tight bass, midrange better than fair. Some think the tweeter is just a bit forward but I really appreciated the sound.

  3. #3
    Senior Member markd51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alamogordo New Mexico
    Posts
    102
    Name:  DSCF0236.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  97.8 KB

    Double your pleasure, here's four of them! (L-65 Jubal) Yep, I still have them, they're sadly currently sitting in their factory boxes. My stand-ins currently, are two mint 4430 monitors.
    Mark

  4. #4
    Senior Member markd51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alamogordo New Mexico
    Posts
    102
    [ATTACH][/ATTACH]

    Same system, but current day, and some minor changes. A different Phono Stage (Sutherland PhD), an SRA Iso-Base V-3.0 for the VPI Table, VPI SDS Speed Controller, and some considerable mods to the Table.

    Think of the 4430 as a L-65 Jubal on steroids. Similar high quality of sound, similar house sound, definitely no mistaking they are JBLs, just a bit more than what the Jubal possesses.
    Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #5
    Senior Member svollmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by markd51 View Post
    [ATTACH][/ATTACH]

    Same system, but current day, and some minor changes. A different Phono Stage (Sutherland PhD), an SRA Iso-Base V-3.0 for the VPI Table, VPI SDS Speed Controller, and some considerable mods to the Table.

    Think of the 4430 as a L-65 Jubal on steroids. Similar high quality of sound, similar house sound, definitely no mistaking they are JBLs, just a bit more than what the Jubal possesses.
    Mark
    Beautiful system! And the Gene Krupa Slingerland set is KILLER!

    I'll pull out some of my old GK on Verve vinyl this weekend.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Posts
    21

    L65 A's

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Paul View Post
    I heard a pair of these for the first time tonight while auditioning an amp, and I was very impressed. Nothing lacking in them at all and very musical. I really didn't expect them to be this good after some of the things I've read. No shrillness, no lack of or artificial sounding bass - everything was just right, and the music just sparkled.
    They do sound great. I also enjoy my L112's.

  7. #7
    Senior Member svollmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    584
    Moderators: Can we move this to another thread and have a "drum talk" thread?

  8. #8
    Administrator Mr. Widget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by svollmer View Post
    Moderators: Can we move this to another thread and have a "drum talk" thread?
    Moved here: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...877#post322877
    Set up everyone who participated in it with OT access.


    Widget

  9. #9
    Senior Member svollmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    584
    Thanks Widget!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. L-65's
    By rvito in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 07:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •