Thread: SVA2100s in da house!

SVA2100s in da house!

I picked these up today. The cabinets have a couple minor dings and one of the terminal straps is missing, but otherwise they're fine. So far I'm very pleased. Very smooth high end, awesome bass, great dynamics, plus, I like a speaker you can aim!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    Very smooth high end, awesome bass, great dynamics, plus, I like a speaker you can aim!
    Indeed! Horns are where it's at! Especially modern designs (the SVA horn is a good design to my casual inspection)

Awesome. You should be happy with those. Horns are great!

They really do sound great, and horns sound like horns on these horns. I just might keep these puppies! I'm starting to think these may be sleepers. They are very listenable, almost laid back until something big comes up. They're no 1400 Array, but they're as close as I've heard for cheap.

nice, never heard an SVA speaker but always peaked my curiosity to compare against the next level S3100 I heard and was quite impressed by...

before going L-series, I saw 1500s and 1800s frequently, and quite cheap in CL and always wondered if I should grab a pair for grins...
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

Quote Originally Posted by JBLAddict View Post
    nice, never heard an SVA speaker but always peaked my curiosity to compare against the next level S3100 I heard and was quite impressed by...

before going L-series, I saw 1500s and 1800s frequently, and quite cheap in CL and always wondered if I should grab a pair for grins...
    Umm, didn't you hear an SVA2100, SVA Center, SVA1800 5.1 system at my place before the PT250s replaced it? I can't exactly remember.
    Out.

BTW, I've tried to sell my SVA1800s and like new SVA Center along with a spare SVA1800 and some extra drivers but had no takers at $500. What's up with that?
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    BTW, I've tried to sell my SVA1800s and like new SVA Center along with a spare SVA1800 and some extra drivers but had no takers at $500. What's up with that?
    I would hand you $500 in a jiffy....But its a bit far away
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

I know why. The SVA series speakers are the Rodney Dangerfield of big JBLs. Maybe they get no respect from JBL fans because of the French tweeters, and maybe they get no respect from everyone else because they're JBLs, which means they get NO respect, no respect AT ALL! But seriously, there is very little info out there on the 2100s, but I see them as a kind of poor man's K2-S5500.

Mine sat on CL for over a week while I repeatedly emailed the seller. When he finally responded he turned out to be a 16 YO clueless kid, and it was obvious that I was the only person interested. I got them for a song, and he even delivered them in his Suburban for $10, plus a $10 tip to ensure good karma.

These have temporarily (?) displaced my equally mammoth ADS L1530s in my main system. They're a little less refined, a little more colored, but a LOT more fun on most music, especially jazz and rock.

Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    These have temporarily (?) displaced my equally mammoth ADS L1530s in my main system. They're a little less refined, a little more colored, but a LOT more fun on most music, especially jazz and rock.
    I have AR90's which have temporarily (?) displaced my ADS L1290's ....I cant put a finger on it, but somehow the a/d/s 's are "more musical" can't define why they are so sweet tho.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Umm, didn't you hear an SVA2100, SVA Center, SVA1800 5.1 system at my place before the PT250s replaced it? I can't exactly remember.
    I recall seeing the SVA 2100/1800 when first buying your L7s, and in that same room multiple times thereafter, but I'm pretty sure you never fired them up or even had them hooked up to anything?

I've been pretty diligent about trying to hear as many different systems as possible, taking careful mental notes, but these I'm fairly sure I haven't heard at your place (yet )

BTW, the dog definitely seems to be chillin to the sound of the SVAs

I think I'll keep these for a while. Too bad they're so incredibly ugly. They project into the kitchen dining area much better than the ADSs.

Half a year later a lot of speakers have come and gone. I sold my ADS L1530s. They have a weird beamy coloration on some vocals I couldn't tolerate, but oh what a lovely speaker otherwise. Klipsch KLF20s lasted less than a week; just way too colored, way too horny sounding. They actually hurt my ears. My newly restored B&W 801s are nice, but the 85 dB sensitivity clips my big Nak amp. Martin Logan Aerius i is nice, but there's no real bottom and they're kind of lacking something up at the top and they don't play loud enough. My L1/Velodyne ULD-15 combo sounds very nice, but I keep going back to my SVAs, and would buy another pair (or maybe the 1800s) plus the center if I could find them locally. Too bad they're so damn ugly. They look like a coffee machine, or maybe a water cooler. BTW, JBL sent me a complete crossover/terminal assembly by mistake. The crossover and terminals are of very high quality.

Regis
    Thanks for the update on the SVA's! The real test is Time! There's always that up-front fascination with any speaker, just because it's different, but living with them long-term is another thing. I've always wanted a pair, after listening to a pair at Ti Dome's home and I wish I could've spent more time with them, but there was a lot to listen to!

Thread Information