Greetings!

I'm a long time JBL fan and I'm in the process of designing a new system for a 50' x 30' room in our barn where we hold several large parties per year.

I currently have (2) 2446H drivers and am planning to order (2) 2242H 18" drivers shortly. I also have two JBL 5235 electronic crossovers and several amplifier choices (multiple Crown MA600, PS-400 and Ashly FTX-2001 units) available to build a tri-amplified system.

Space is not a problem and the ceiling is open to the roof structure - about 24' high. The horns and mid bass drivers will likely be suspended on a back wall with the subs on the floor.

Here are my questions:

Which 12" or 15" JBL driver (possibly 2 per cabinet) would be my best choice for optimal mid range and mid bass performance and efficency to complement the 2446H?

Which horn should I look for to mount the 2446H and at what crossover frequency and slope?

I'm thinking about building sub cabinets similar to the 4645C. Is this the optimal bass reflex cabinet design for the 2242H for the deepest, flatest response? Where would you cross it over to match the above?

I will likely buy used, late model parts to complete this system.

Sorry for the long post... I'm really looking forward to this project and would appreciate some advice and ideas from the forum.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Mike