Hi everyone,
So, I have a nice sounding system so far - JBL 2405, 2420 (in altec 511b) and JBL E145 in 4560 cabinet.
The bass drivers are powered by SS monoblocks, and the mid/high are powered by a SET 45.
I am currently using a behringer cx3400 for x-over duties (I know, I know - I will be getting a Marchand at some point I think), and also using a Sound Craftsman 2212 to equalize the highs since I didn't want to use an l-pad on the 2420 (which is ~5dB more efficient I think)
Anyway, in my room, it sounds quite good but doesn't quite have the low end grunt that I would like. Plus, there is a bit of a suck-out at ~80Hz or so, down about 10dB.
I am thinking I would like to add a sub...either some commercial offering such as a JL Audio Fathom 110, or possibly a DIY Horn-based sub. I really like the quickness and dynamics of this system so far and don't want to screw it up.
Anyone have any suggestions as to what would be a good addition to cover 15-100 Hz region? Also, are there any good systems for doing DSP on that region so that I can properly equalize any anomalies?
Thanks for your help!
Byron
p.s. - I don't really think I have enough room for more than one subwoofer - my room is ~12'x16' or so...