Thread: JBL blue baffle paint - some good results!

JBL blue baffle paint - some good results!

I've always liked the blue used on the JBL pro monitors, and some really generous contributors here did all the hard work a few years back and got a paint code match for it. So I used this formula at HD yesterday:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...814#post239814

They don't have that base paint anymore and the mixing ratios have changed, but they said no problem so I got a can of their standard flat latex to try out anyway - a whole gallon of it!

Here's some pics of the results. I have a single 4301B to compare it to, and it looks really close - eggshell would be a better match than flat. A standard roller gives almost the right texture too. The pic was taken with a flash - in normal lighting the blue is much darker than it looks on a computer screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So, what do I do with a gallon of it when I have no large monitors to paint? I paint a wall with it! So far the comments are that it's really nice, especially in bright sunlight, but the boys think it's too dark for the whole room. The other walls are getting a lighter blue. They have no idea why I picked this color, but maybe one day I'll be able use some on a baffle deserving of the color and then tell them!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by tomee; 08-26-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: grammar

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by tomee View Post
    So, what do I do with a gallon it when I have no large monitors to paint? I paint a wall with it!

Brain Washing !

Atleast the children will know what a good speaker looks like when they grow up !

JBL Blue

Quote Originally Posted by tomee View Post
    I've always liked the blue used on the JBL pro monitors, and some really generous contributors here did all the hard work a few years back and got a paint code match for it. So I used this formula at HD yesterday:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...814#post239814

They don't have that base paint anymore and the mixing ratios have changed, but they said no problem so I got a can of their standard flat latex to try out anyway - a whole gallon of it!

Here's some pics of the results. I have a single 4301B to compare it to, and it looks really close - eggshell would be a better match than flat. A standard roller gives almost the right texture too. The pic was taken with a flash - in normal lighting the blue is much darker than it looks on a computer screen.

Do you have the revised ratios? What base paint did you use?

Thread Information