Thread: "Coat of Silence"

"Coat of Silence"

http://www.vertetek.com/

I ran across this on LinkedIn, and thought some of use might be interested. I dont know how it stacks up against aquaplas, but thought it interesting, as now someone is making "aquaplas" for walls.
    Integra DHC80.1,3x 4636LF, 2360-2446J 2404H,12 x 8340 Surrounds, 2 x4645B, BGW 250D's,250E's,& 750B's 16 amps...7600 watts

OT Somewhat ;

Interesting !

Here's a link to the pdf of their test data .

Purely from the perspective of Noise Suppression ( & ignoring the issue of coating diaphragms ) :

As best as I can make out ( from their misleading advertising claims due to some clever "word-smithing" ) / this stuff merely "increases" the existing "Transmission Loss" by 2 db of an industry standard built test wall, which itself already has a loss rating of 50 db STC .
    - The additional 2db loss from their paint/coating added to the existing 50 STC for the wall, gives the final figure stated, of 52 ( STC ) .

Blachford ( ie; Aquaplas ) is in my neck of the woods ( fyi ) .
    - I haven't scrutinized their claims ( btw ) for their noise control products ( "Anti-Vibe" ).
    - I also haven't scrutinized "MasCoat" and their claims for noise suppression ( though I do have the "cut-sheets" ).

<> Earl

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    Interesting !
    Blachford ( ie; Aquaplas ) is in my neck of the woods ( fyi ) .
    - I haven't scrutinized their claims ( btw ) for their noise control products ( "Anti-Vibe" ).
    - I also haven't scrutinized "MasCoat" and their claims for noise suppression ( though I do have the "cut-sheets" ).

<> Earl
    It'll probably work better if you took Blanchford's Anti-Vibe and made a sprayable version, and the overcoated this, or the reverse anti-vibe first and then this.

Sound is deadened better when you use dissimilar materials and lose sound energy as the wave goes from one inorganic filled matrix surface to the next. The anti-vibe is a silica filled thixotropic paste as sampled by Blanchford. It exhibits pigment bulking; that is where the packing density is negatively affected by the materials used. A bulky coating which isn't dense will vibrate less and transfer sound less than a dense coating. My remarks are based on analytical work 8 years ago when I was working on silica coated composite materials I was making for inkjet pigments, and the results strongly resembled my pigments analytically. Just an FYI...
    Integra DHC80.1,3x 4636LF, 2360-2446J 2404H,12 x 8340 Surrounds, 2 x4645B, BGW 250D's,250E's,& 750B's 16 amps...7600 watts

Thread Information