Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone see the new JBL commercial?

Anyone see the new JBL commercial?

just watching TV, and Maroon 5 is featured talking about their music and quality sound as they pan around to them docking their iPad in a JBL docking station, and show JBL speakers being loaded on stage pre-concert, etc

best I can recall this is the only JBL commercial I've ever seen
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

There's a few on You Tube, but I've never seen any while watching TV. A couple of them are from outside the USA.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ommercial&aq=f

and the fact that it wasn't a Harman commercial, but a JBL commercial specifically. The end showed an Orange JBL triangle with the "exclamation point" but not the letters J-B-L, and in small font below it said, I think, "by Harman"

advertising, what a great concept Wonder what is prompting this campaign now after all this time.
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

Sales

M O N E Y
    And how to make more of it!
    Guy in WNY

'i remember, it had to be in mid 80's at a FZ Concert in Drammen, a small town 40 miles from Oslo, FZ used only JBL speakers. I think about 48 075 (24 on each side) a lot of mid and woofers. Perfect sound. It was the first concert he played "Bobby Brown". (As far as I know). THAT was the days. Old, and new commercials does not matter any more. If I can find the money, I believe my last JBL's will be the DD66000. I will get a good price, but it depends if I can raise the money. One month from now will tell,

Quote Originally Posted by JBLAddict View Post
    best I can recall this is the only JBL commercial I've ever seen
    And on the other end we are bombarded by "Bose wave radio" ads

saw it. I was surprised (a TV speaker ad!?), but meh... I had almost forgot about it already.

Quote Originally Posted by JBLAddict View Post
    Wonder what is prompting this campaign now after all this time.
    Looking at it optimistically I'd have to say someone at Harman must have awakened to the value of the JBL name and legacy.

The realist in me would counter that it's too little, too late.

Perhaps a new group of bean-counters were trying to figure out just what has gone wrong and how all the money dumped into the group (even beyond executive compensation) has not produced any tangible financial upturn. Leveraging the JBL name in such a way as this commercial does should be encouraging to JBL aficionados such as those here at LH. Until we realize even if it revitalizes interest in JBL, it is no longer the JBL we knew and loved. And never will be again.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Looking at it optimistically I'd have to say someone at Harman must have awakened to the value of the JBL name and legacy.
    In reality, it is likely the marketing department trying to capitalize on the remaining value of that history with what remains of JBL. Let's face it, JBL walked away from anything remotely approximately high end consumer market in the US years ago. Just try to go find consumer high end JBL in the States...

Now that products have been moved offshore, they need to promote the brand that sold itself before. Bose on the other hand, has always known that it needed to promote the brand, something JBL took for granted since the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    The realist in me would counter that it's too little, too late.

Perhaps a new group of bean-counters were trying to figure out just what has gone wrong and how all the money dumped into the group (even beyond executive compensation) has not produced any tangible financial upturn. Leveraging the JBL name in such a way as this commercial does should be encouraging to JBL aficionados such as those here at LH. Until we realize even if it revitalizes interest in JBL, it is no longer the JBL we knew and loved. And never will be again.
    Unfortunately, unless JBL becomes a phoenix, it is too late. The damage has been done, the edge of the sword has cut through the arteries of blood supplying viable life (in our area of interest). It remains to be seen if they can remain viable commercially and in Pro Sound. From our perspective (mine at least), it seems doubtful. From my consumers' point of view, what remains of JBL is fond memories of vintage products. If you want the good stuff, you either have to go to Japan or buy 20+ year old stuff..

This might help explain the thought process behind the commercials:

http://reviews.audioreview.com/harma...ed-to-be-heard

Though it makes me cringe to see this a-hole's name attached to anything mentioning integrity and JBL in the same sentence:
    "The JBL brand is renowned worldwide by musicians and sound engineers, and our mission is to ensure their musical integrity is faithfully recreated through JBL products,” said Dinesh Paliwal, chairman, president and CEO of HARMAN.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Last night we saw the JBL commercial with Maroon 5 on an episode of Burn Notice (USA Network) that I had recorded. Here's a link FWIW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYGMBP0WWyA

Quote Originally Posted by svollmer View Post
    Or why not go directly to the source? http://www.jbl.com/beta/about/conten...d=hearthetruth

Quote Originally Posted by svollmer View Post
    Last night we saw the JBL commercial with Maroon 5 on an episode of Burn Notice (USA Network) that I had recorded. Here's a link FWIW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYGMBP0WWyA
    What a lame commercial. They could have advertized any product, like diapers for oldies, a bank or soap, in the same exact manner. The way a message is conveyed is part of the message and how it is perceived. If you are a real leader, you speak like a leader. Not the case in this commercial.

JBL is to speakers what BMW or Mercedes are to cars. I didn't feel it in the commercial. No legacy, no brand equity. Just bland blabla. Was it a McDonald commercial I've just seen?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    What a lame commercial. They could have advertized any product, like diapers for oldies, a bank or soap, in the same exact manner. The way a message is conveyed is part of the message and how it is perceived. If you are a real leader, you speak like a leader. Not the case in this commercial.

JBL is to speakers what BMW or Mercedes are to cars. I didn't feel it in the commercial. No legacy, no brand equity. Just bland blabla. Was it a McDonald commercial I've just seen?
    Nah, MackieDees has jingles, friendly username, and (often) a pretty face for their target audience ...
    JBL ads have been like ads from accountants ... blah blah blah! no ZING to 'em!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Legacy of JBL

I think the legacy of what we refer to as "JBL" left us a few years ago.

Now, it's just about the $$$!

Ron sends...
    JBL Pro for home use!

Thread Information