Thread: JBL 4333B 3133 3133A Crossovers Cross Overs Speakers Zoom Enlarge Sell one

JBL 4333B 3133 3133A Crossovers Cross Overs Speakers Zoom Enlarge Sell one

Quote Originally Posted by mark214 View Post
    Wow - un_believable!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I am not surprised at all. I have seen them go for more. How do I know? I have an empty pair of 4333As I'm trying to fill. Hjames, are those Fostex wooden horns in your avatar? I have a pair that looks identical.

Quote Originally Posted by hatrack71 View Post
    I am not surprised at all. I have seen them go for more. How do I know? I have an empty pair of 4333As I'm trying to fill. Hjames, are those Fostex wooden horns in your avatar? I have a pair that looks identical.
    Well, its a pair of L200 speakers I set up as 4333 clones ... I built a pair of 3133 crossovers myself from a circuit Giskard posted a few years back -
    and for MUCH cheaper than $710, I'll tell you! Anyway, I had the stock short exponential horns in place, but I got a pair of rebuilt 2425 drivers
    and the long horns (like the 4333s use) and was ready to cut the back of the L200 cabinet to make room for the longer horns
    when I tried a pair of grey JBL smith horns. Once we heard them we decided we liked their sound better.
    But the grey 2397 horns are kind of industrial.

When JohnW offered to build a custom walnut pair over 2 years ago ... how could I resist?
    I ran them with a pair of 2425 and adapters at first, then got a deal on a pair of the larger format
    2445Js and swapped them in about a year later.

But they've got a really nice sound when you are sitting in the room reading or ... just listening!

Bigger pictures in this thread - more details on the crossover circuit and all of that further back in that thread

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post268033
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Those are freakin' sweet Heather! They are slightly wider so they must go a little lower. Those look like true Smiths. Here are the ones I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for the link for the crossover I will be building a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Well, its a pair of L200 speakers I set up as 4333 clones ... I built a pair of 3133 crossovers myself from a circuit Giskard posted a few years back -
    and for MUCH cheaper than $710, I'll tell you! Anyway, I had the stock short exponential horns in place, but I got a pair of rebuilt 2425 drivers
    and the long horns (like the 4333s use) and was ready to cut the back of the L200 cabinet to make room for the longer horns
    when I tried a pair of grey JBL smith horns. Once we heard them we decided we liked their sound better.
    But the grey 2397 horns are kind of industrial.

When JohnW offered to build a custom walnut pair over 2 years ago ... how could I resist?
    I ran them with a pair of 2425 and adapters at first, then got a deal on a pair of the larger format
    2445Js and swapped them in about a year later.

But they've got a really nice sound when you are sitting in the room reading or ... just listening!

Bigger pictures in this thread - more details on the crossover circuit and all of that further back in that thread

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post268033

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Wow - un_believable!
    There was a pair of crossovers from some 4350s that the guy was asking like $4900 for just the crossovers.

I sort of think it was a hijacked account/scam since all the stuff had funky pics and outrageous prices, like $16K+ for a pair of 4345s, stuff like that. Also had 2 different prices listed for those garishly painted 4333s, but the same pic for both.

Ah, here's the guy

You can get a pair of 3133 from him for only $2150!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    There was a pair of crossovers from some 4350s that the guy was asking like $4900 for just the crossovers.

I sort of think it was a hijacked account/scam since all the stuff had funky pics and outrageous prices, like $16K+ for a pair of 4345s, stuff like that. Also had 2 different prices listed for those garishly painted 4333s, but the same pic for both.

Ah, here's the guy

You can get a pair of 3133 from him for only $2150!
    Wow, what a bargain!

I still have the same for 4343's. Anybody interested? Some work has to be done, but it's all there.

Thread Information