Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stock Altec/JBL Physical Enclosure Information

Tim,

Giskard is away at the moment.

Your post is in the right thread I think.

May l suggest more pics in the PDF, ie removing/ assembling / rotating the panel and the drivers, dimensions. The wiring code of the crossover loom.

Subwoofer also has some images of the 4343 that may interest you.

Ian

4343 Cabinet Information

Hi Ian,

yes, the extra information that you ask for will be added as I uncover it. The document that I have made so far just documents as far as I think I need to get to my next stage. When I actually try it I may have more to say about techniques and certainly more photographs.

I was not sure about adding details on the crossover and drive units because those issues seem to be well served in other threads. However, if you think it appropriate I could do it... and then perhaps we can avoid more discussion on wiring colour codes.

George

I think the value is in having the information in a transportable doc like a pdf than can evolve over time with the support of other members(ie v1,2,3,4).

Pics say a thousand works.The problem at times is finding and cross referencing the information across different threads. If we can have some visual basics it would be quite useful. The wiring is always a PITA and even bigger headache to write about. By alll means have a go at it but only when you are ready.

Ian

Hi Ian,

my intention was to structure a document with all of the information and pics together. PDF is fine but hard for members to edit. I have posted a few more pictures today on the rebuild... and discovered unexpected positioning of the crossover and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hofmannhp View Post
    sorry, can only help with:

9846-8A

HP
    I see you can help with 9846-8A, is this correct, if so, I would like a copy of these plans.

Altec model 15

Does anyone know where I can find cabinet dimensions and specs for the Altec model fifteen? I have a pair of these that the boxes have gotten some pretty good water damage on the bottom and I'd like to rebuild new or repair existing cabinets for them. I've looked all over and haven't had much luck, Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thread Information