17-3/4" Deep

Two ports each 5-1/4" diameter X 4-1/2" long in front

Front & rear recessed just under 7/16" about .400"

CC on the woofers is 15-11/16"

Either end to first woofer is 4" about 1/2" space left between the drivers

Front heavy 1" thick MDF the remaining panels are 3/4"

The outer panel corners are mitered at a 45

2"X4" internal corner braces and front to rear panel brace in the center

Loaded with two 2226H 15" drivers mounted with no counterbore behind the drivers
    JBL-BLASTER

B460 Subwoofer

Here are the full plans from my other thread. Not sure if this is the correct place to post this.

MB
    Attached Images Attached Images

L100's used particle board (ouch!) with walnut veneer. was MDF invented then? internal dampening on the original vertical array L100 was strangely done on only 3 of the 6 sides of the box--the opposing side in every case is left bare. the original L100's had a bit of a boomy bass, so i covered all sides except the baffel board and was surprised that it may almost no difference. the response may have been slightly tighter but was almost the same. a friend told me that insulation does not so much affect the fundamental but, rather higher harmonics in the mid bass. don't know if this is true but my experiment would leave me to believe that he is correct.

JBL claimed "high density" particle board was supposed to have less resonance than plywood, although
    high end diy of the day liked "marine plywood" which had no voids. As to the glass, it wasn' there to load the woofer or tune the box, although you could do that. Whenever there were two parallel walls one was covered to eliminate standing waves. So, their yours, if they sound better to you with more glass that is fine, but someone didn't screw up they covered three walls instead of six on purpose. I think they were trying to make that box sound just as large as they could an more glass wasn't the way to do it.

2121 enclosure volume

I know the 2121 wants a 0.5 cubic ft enclosure but would think this is over and above the 2121 driver volume. Does anyone have the internal dimensions for a 4343 subchamber for the 2121?
    Bill Shenefelt
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Shenefelt View Post
    Does anyone have the internal dimensions for a 4343 subchamber for the 2121?
    Hi, Bill...

Looks like jarrod posted them here, on the 4344 doghouse & ports sizes? thread (see post #1).
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

anyone have the specs for the Baron 030 cab, even though the cabs i have arent the 030, they do house a D130, 075 and the n2400 crossover. thanks.

In the Library....

sorry mate, new here, didnt see the library good stuff

can you guys tell me why on most specs i see the d130 was 16 ohm but this signature d130 i have is 8 ohms? thanks

Use "Search" to find the answer. JBL lied.

Well, fact is, nobody knew what impedance to call "nominal" back then, so anything went, and JBL played fast and loose with the specs according to market demands....

nice, so they lied about the ohms hehehe i have been looking at box designs in the library and its confusing. on one of the spec sheets, it says not to port the d130, but there is a cabinet design sheet that has a pretty big port drawn on it. so do i port or do i not port? thanks

is the e130 close to the d130? thanks

L250 250ti jubilee

Earl K dug an image out of an old thread in answer to my quest for dimensions. (Thanks Earl!):
    http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...7&postcount=16
    At the bottom of his post he included a link to the original 250tiJubilee thread which has a lot of good info besides the enclosure dimensions:
    http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbull...=250ti+jubilee
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

4343 Cabinet Information

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    This thread is for the collection of stock Altec/JBL physical enclosure information. Any information is desired and will be archived. Here is an example of some information that might be of interest:
    Hi Giscard,

I have tried to assemble in one Word document, information about the 4343 cabinets and how they maybe dissassembled. The information has been gathered from various submissions to the forums.
    Since capturing it there has been some discussion about whether some specific information was correct (concerning an access panel on the rear of the 4343 .. mine appears to have one!).
    Anyway, I wanted to knoe if this is the sort of thing that is intended for this thread and if you think the contents are arranged usefully.
    Ideally the document would be updated as ideas crystallise, but that may be too much to expect.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information