Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scott Fitlin would have been...

Bump Your Ass Off

Have a good one, Scott, wherever you are.

Photo: Domainofdeath3.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

I live about 20 miles from coney island....

Hurricane Sandy whacked the island very hard last week. Does anyone know if the arcade is still around? Was it torn down after the sale? What is there now?

I'm in Hartsdale NY and we have been without electric power for 10 days.... UHG!

Quote Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
    I live about 20 miles from coney island....

Hurricane Sandy whacked the island very hard last week. Does anyone know if the arcade is still around? Was it torn down after the sale? What is there now?

I'm in Hartsdale NY and we have been without electric power for 10 days.... UHG!
    I'm in Virginia, others are over on the West Coast!
    Its so much easier for you to go have a look than for those of us further out of town -
    Please let us know what you find, and Thanks!!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Found out from an AK member who is a friend of the Fitlin family and knew Scott personally that the Eldorado was sold to an investor and his company who continued to run it at least for this season, playing a lot of RAP music. The family, due to age and health, just couldn't continue to keep running it.

As best he knew, the Eldorado took on 4 feet of water during Hurricane/Tropical Storm Sandy, so obviously had a lot of damage. Sad to think that maybe most of the big Crown/JBL/TAD sound system that Scott so lovingly put together may be lost, as well as the history and fun of Eldorado.

Eldorado on a September 2012 night and a poster indicating last rides of the season (and maybe forever) were to be on Oct. 26-27, just a day or two before the storm ironically.

Name:  8081495651_08e664bcd8.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  181.5 KB Name:  eldorado-last-ride-2012.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  193.2 KB
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Well, at least the Fitlin family made out ok on the sale, to the tune of $4.5 million:

http://amusingthezillion.com/2012/04...ands-eldorado/

Here's some info from a blog, at least it seems someone is trying to save what they can from the Eldorado, and Scott's memory:http://www.coneyisland.com/cgi-bin/y...num=1351925047"In contrast, Eldorado has been dismantling their bumper cars and trucking out the arcade games. They are trying to save the cars. The floor of ElDorado is already orange with rust. This ride can be saved and rebuilt, and has the right people to do it. Just a matter of where though. Hopefully, with all this mess, Sitt (property owner but not the amusement owner) will give them another year. "

Cool Pics

Quote Originally Posted by mech986 View Post
    Here's some info from a blog, at least it seems someone is trying to save what they can from the Eldorado, and Scott's memory:http://www.coneyisland.com/cgi-bin/y...num=1351925047"In contrast, Eldorado has been dismantling their bumper cars and trucking out the arcade games. They are trying to save the cars. The floor of ElDorado is already orange with rust. This ride can be saved and rebuilt, and has the right people to do it. Just a matter of where though. Hopefully, with all this mess, Sitt (property owner but not the amusement owner) will give them another year. "
    Here are the sad pics from that blog, first shows a bumper car partially dismantled, with scoops in background:
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Mike Scott in SJ, CA
    Drive 'em to the Xmax!

If a JBL driver gets hit with salt water from a hurricane, can it be rebuilt or is it a total loss usually? I assume the cabs are probably OK, but that is a big assumption. I suppose it all depends on the time the stuff was submerged....

I had heard that Coney Island was shceduled for a major renovation, so I had assumed the new owners would knock the bulding down and build condos or some other housing.

Thread Information