Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Electro-Voice Patrician 700....in the HOUSE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JBLGUY View Post
    "Is there no other driver that was used in other year Patricians? Use some other EV driver. 1824's were a very nice drivers. Smooth and not honky or harsh. Maybe not those originals but still EV and nice sounding drivers as well.
    There is usually nice EV drivers in pairs on Ebay.
    Try to get a refund from the seller
    Of course theres other drivers but not like The T250. and i wont be using them in patrician cabs they will be used in my regency 3 cabs

Quote Originally Posted by Cooljjay View Post
    Well I pulled the second one, and it is in great shape. Comparing this one to the first, the first will need to be reconed something is wrong with the voice coil. This one is nice and springy and still centered. This one also shows me that my theory was correct that the original foam was flat and in four pieces, coated on the underside with glue/sealer. So my surrounds aren't to far from the originals.

So sad and unfortunate why Ev would use such crappy foam surrounds on such a beautiful rare speaker. They should of had the foresight to make enough foam surrounds in stock to supply for many years or at least make them with rubber or accordion paper cone.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    Thanks for that very useful information. Do you know the original diaphragm number for the T250?

Just some info i was told by a ev supplier. take it as grain of salt. the ev t35 and t350 diaphragms are identical. Not sure but who knows maybe hes right maybe hes wrong.
    I don't know the number, there is very little information floating around on the T250.

So sad and unfortunate why Ev would use such crappy foam surrounds on such a beautiful rare speaker. They should of had the foresight to make enough foam surrounds in stock to supply for many years or at least make them with rubber or accordion paper cone.
    It is said, but from what I gather, my patricians are generation 1, the first to hit the market...they were probably in a rush to get them finished and used the foam. After mine were produced they went with cloth, even the recone kits that were available came with cloth. Also we have to remember with this hobby, this stuff was never made to last...at some point they figured you would upgrade to the newest technology and disregard the old....but now they are collectable....something they never thought..

Wanting Jensen A640 Crossover A-221 Crossover A940 xover

Wanting Jensen A640 Crossover A-221 Crossover A940 xover
    Attached Images Attached Images    

JBLGUY
    Of course theres other drivers but not like The T250. and i wont be using them in patrician cabs they will be used in my regency 3 cabs

Well ...scuz me.....What is the special qualities of this driver? I don't know this driver but assume there is something special to it. What's the dilly-o ? What specifically makes them better?
    I understand the need/desire to make them original. But if the driver is unobtainable...then can't something else make do until you can find another pair?

The 1823 and 1824M drivers were used in the excellent Sentry III and Sentry IV systems; I'd try them in place of the T-250s. They're available and cheap. They might not reach up to the 5000hz crossover to the tweeter as well as the T-250 though.

Quote Originally Posted by JBLGUY View Post
    About this big
    i suspect these work very well

have you tried this song yet?

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/audi...ssiloveyou.mp3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_te....2C_I_Love_You

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````

this person has a pair - about the same size

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r87462603

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r87443033

No I haven't.....but now I can tell you that my surround job worked....With the woofer cooker song, I can now vibarate the nails out of the floor If you think it sounds wicked inside....you should stand outside when the speakers are thumbing....

Quote Originally Posted by tomt View Post

Well I wanted to add a thread update. I am still using the speakers, and they still sound great. I just upgraded from the eico HF35's to a Mcintosh MC275 and the wattage difference really really made a difference. I was still experiencing a problem with one speaker, the low's just weren't there. I though it was the amp but it wasn't. I decided to do some work on them again, I was going to replace all the pots but I ordered the wrong size so I just did a better cleaning on them. The biggest improvement was that I decided to replace all the binding posts, it took a very very very long time but it was well well worth it. I remember a member said that the binding post can cause problems, I then had a problem with the other one, with the 30" not working after I reinstalled it. Cleaning the binding post brought it back. I ordered a bunch on banana posts from parts express. I replaced everyone, it was really simple. The reward was just amazing, the sound quality just got enhanced soooo much. I recommend, anyone with ev patricians or other ev's that have these do the same. Well well worth it.

Heres an after photo

And heres the old post, look at the screw!

Great thread!

Has there been any updates lately?

Regards, Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

Quote Originally Posted by spkrman57 View Post
    Has there been any updates lately?Regards, Ron
    well my houe burnt down. so i lost my entire collection including the pats. Plus my partner was shot and killed. My neighbor slandered me like a serial killer....so my insurance is rufusing to pay. I've had to leave the state to get away from it all....so needless to say.....i won't be collecting ever again....least i have the photos...

JBLGUY
    well my houe burnt down. so i lost my entire collection including the pats. Plus my partner was shot and killed. My neighbor slandered me like a serial killer....so my insurance is rufusing to pay. I've had to leave the state to get away from it all....so needless to say.....i won't be collecting ever again....least i have the photos...
    OMG I so sorry for you Man. I hope your okay and my condolences on all that terrible stuff going on for you. It must be very hard to cope with all that. Hopefully you have good family support to help you thru.
    Peace Brother

I do hope your kidding?!

Wow, I really feel for ya man. I've lost a few family members lately. Lets pray that slandering will not hold and you will be vindicated on those grounds. Thank God you still have your life.
    Praying that you can heal.
    Dawoofer

Ouch!

I guess that was not the update I expected to hear.

I hope things get better!

Regards, Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

Thread Information