Thread: She Was Literally Brought to Tears!

She Was Literally Brought to Tears!

We have a 21 year old UCI student that comes to the house three hours a day to help out. The other day she was wearing a Taylor Swift Tour tee-shirt and I asked if she listened to music.

She said yes and that she loves Taylor Swift. I asked if she listened to CDs. She said that she did and also has a turntable and listens to vinyl. I told her to bring her favorite Taylor Swift CD over and she did the other day. She brought over "Folklore."

Yesterday after she left I listened to it and the production just just OK. I expected better but from what I understand this disk was done in a home studio. The disk was recorded too loud and that compromises the dynamics.

Anyway, today I told her to "Sit your butt down right there in the crack (in the center between the cushions), lean forward, and close your eyes."

I put on Track 15 on the Mermans, which I thought was one of the better engineered cuts.

<em>https://youtu.be/HpxX4ZE4KWE

As soon as it started, I saw her jaw drop! She was literally brought to tears. She had never heard anything like this. She kept mumbling "Oh my God" and "OMG" to herself.

I asked her to point to the piano, and she pointed out WAY beyond the speakers and said the music was all around looking at the HT set-up.

Then she really freaked out when I told her it was all coming from just the pair toward the center (Mermans). She asked to hear her favorite cut on the disk and again, was near weaping during and at the end of the track.

https://youtu.be/OWbDJFtHl3w

She asked if she could bring another that was reported as better engineered. Of course I said yes. She said her collection is up in the Bay area, and I told her she could get disks cheap on the bay.

Quote Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
    [COLOR=#141414][FONT=Arial]She kept mumbling "Oh my God" and "OMG" to herself..
    no doubt fine speakers. BUT, that seems to be the younger sets "go to reaction" to everything they like.

OMG , OMG
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Hello Toddalin

That's fun when you turn someone on to what is a new experience for them! I had a friend who had never been to a live show before and she was crying she was so happy! Nice being able to share a special moment with someone they will probably never forget!!

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

I thought this thread was going to be about Ethel Merman crying…

Awesome that she actually listens to CDs and vinyl.

Widget

Yeah, I don't know what the hell the "mermans" are, but the story is fantastic!

It gives me great pleasure to share music and stereo with others. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitero View Post
    Yeah, I don't know what the hell the "mermans" are, but the story is fantastic!

It gives me great pleasure to share music and stereo with others. Thanks for sharing.
    JBL 2241H 18" in 7.5 cu ft, JBL 2251J 10" in .75 cu ft, Heil AMT with my own design "phase plug", home brew crossover with Audyn Q4 caps and 16 gauge air core chokes.

Thread Information