Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Electro-Voice Patrician 700....in the HOUSE!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Electro-Voice Patrician 700....in the HOUSE!!!

Well there not JBL Hartsfield and technical their not in the house but there pretty close to it. Just had to share this find. You don't see these much...and I never thought I would find a pair. I can't wait to run some tube gear through them. They haven't been played for 5 years and they had a B&O system hooked up to them....The bass was amazing....can't wait to get them in the house. My friend decided to pose by them....hes complaining now because he insist I will be up till 4 in the morning listening to them...He may be right

More pictures, quick!

Congratulations! A very nice acquisition.

Regis
    Looking forward to hearing your listening impressions! I've always wanted to hear a pair and it'd be nice to know what to expect.

Congratulations ! I never had the opportunity to hear the EV Patricians.So I'm very interested in your assesment of them !! I think they 30" foam woofers in them,curious as to how they sound.Congrats !!!!
    "James B. Lansing" = Lansing Manufacturing ~ Altec Lansing ~ JBL

SWEET!!! I called ev and the gave me a number to the guy who does their older stuff. The place is called Speaker Workshop and the phone is 260-426-8742. He states that he is waiting on the factory to finish making the new cones/surrounds. He said they already remake the voice coils and spiders. He has 8 baskets waiting new cones himself. What he told me to do in the mean time is to go buy some spandex, cut a circle and glue it on. For 27$ he is sending me the glue and sealer. So everyone out there, the parts for the speakers are no longer unobtainium.

What a gift to be a guardian of something like that .... Nice tube amps ? ...

Congrats dude !

Rich

What a find! Congrats br other!

Hi:
    I recently had a pair of 1950's T350's rebuilt by Tom Calvin at the vintage Electro-voice service center. The old T350's had a complicated cardboard wafer/diaphragm combination that was a bear to align and Tom was the only one with the parts and jigs to still do it. According to Tom, they are assigned all of the really old/rare EV stuff for repair. I saw in a previous post that you had their number: 260-426-8742, so you should give them a call and see if they still repair T250's.
    As to the T350s, If yours has a white paint finish, then it probably takes one of the newer diaphragms that fit into a recess in the Tweeter cover. Any qualified shop should be able to fix these, or you can try it yourself - last time I bought one, they were about $22 from Electro-voice.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Cooljjay View Post
    SWEET!!! I called ev and the gave me a number to the guy who does their older stuff. The place is called Speaker Workshop and the phone is 260-426-8742. He states that he is waiting on the factory to finish making the new cones/surrounds. He said they already remake the voice coils and spiders. He has 8 baskets waiting new cones himself. What he told me to do in the mean time is to go buy some spandex, cut a circle and glue it on. For 27$ he is sending me the glue and sealer. So everyone out there, the parts for the speakers are no longer unobtainium.
    Very Cool Indeed ! Congrats & Congrats Again ! That is good news for lots of Folks.
    "James B. Lansing" = Lansing Manufacturing ~ Altec Lansing ~ JBL

Pretty cool spkrs!

I have a pair (empty) of EV prototypes (?) that use the back horn-loaded design like what I see in the pics posted by the OP.

Mine were made for a 18" driver and a frontloaded 8" cone driven horn. The typical midhorn/tweeterhorn rounded out the design.

Mine had Georgian 400 crossovers before I bought the cabinets (w/out drivers and crossovers) and when I get some room will need to load them up with drivers and my own crossovers and see what happens.

I'm glad I saw this thread as these are the only EV designs that I have found with this bass horn loading.

Thanks, Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

"I'm glad I saw this thread as these are the only EV designs that I have found with this bass horn loading."

On the pro side, the original Eliminator 1 was fully horn loaded with a 15" woofer. Essentially the cabinet was a variant of the Klipsch LaScala formula. EV supplied drivers to Klipsch and Klipsch supplied horn cabinet designs.

On the home side, the Cardinal was set up as a fully horn loaded corner horn, much like the Klipschorn.

Got the crossover capacitors on the way. Got ahold of Bob Crites at critesspeakers.com. He helped me figure out the values and got all the caps together for me. Now we just have the woofers and dead mid to figure out. Then I will go see a shrink to figure out why I am working on these speakers

Okay, well I feel like I need to do something with these. So I want to upgrade the capacitors to modern caps. Need some help though. I can't figure out which are electrolytic and what are regular. I believe the 3 cardboard cover ones are electrolytic and the white are standard film? I will have to run a few in parallel. The 3 cardboard covered ones are 140 25v, 140 25v, 100 25v. The white ones are 13.28 500v, 8.3 500v, 2.84 500v, 2.84 500v...Any help, will help.

Figured I would do an update on the patricians. I found out the T250 driver can't be repaired and a replacement diaphragm will probably take years to find or produce. I then began the ebay search again and I found one in November. It cost me way more then I wanted to pay. It cost me as much as the speakers. I am now in the speakers over 1500$....The most I have ever spent on equipment. I also had to remove one of the crossovers again and clean all the screws that go into the push terminals on the outside. So now they are complete again and sound fantastic. I am also told they are getting closer to completing a recone kit for the 30W's.

Thread Information