Thread: Western Electric TA-7396 plans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Western Electric TA-7396 plans

Hi there to everyone on this great forum! After many visiting times here to read interesting stuff i finally decided to become a member. The "thing" which is bothering me at the moment, is finding proper plans for building Western Electric TA-7396 bass units. General idea is to build something like GIP laboratory 7003 of Japan. I couldnt find anywhere dimensions, just drawings. GIP 7003 is nothing more but derivated Western Electric TA-7396 with lesser height, apropriate for one bass driver, which greatly fit my room and budget . Thanks!

Hi,
    There is a plan here
    http://www.moviemice.com/we/speakerBaffles/index.php

Stéphane
    Club double 16"
    "Laissez les Bons Temps Rouler"

You don't expect bass from these (bass) units, do You?

Quote Originally Posted by cody_zox View Post
    Hi there to everyone on this great forum! After many visiting times here to read interesting stuff i finally decided to become a member. The "thing" which is bothering me at the moment, is finding proper plans for building Western Electric TA-7396 bass units. General idea is to build something like GIP laboratory 7003 of Japan. I couldnt find anywhere dimensions, just drawings. GIP 7003 is nothing more but derivated Western Electric TA-7396 with lesser height, apropriate for one bass driver, which greatly fit my room and budget . Thanks!
    What do You expect (frequency response etc) ?

Ruediger

Thanks for plans. I dont know what to expect anymore. My room is 20m2, i wanted to create with my friend 3-way system consisting of mentioned horn with 18" vintage Klangfilm field coil woofers, multicell Altec 808 horn with alnico 808 HF unit and on top of it Cetec Gauss 1502 tweeter. I must be honest, that i didnt expect deep bass anyway, but what i hear, to be max dinamics and speed in lower region. Speakers were planed to be moved near wall, so i expected some "energy" to be created behind them. These few last days, i also get some new ideas instead. I am very "tingled" with combination of Western Electric WE22A, for which i would also need precise plans for making replica of it in combination with Altec 288, tweeter - the same Gauss and for bass in this case i like idea of "curved" OB with Klangfilm and with horn on top. Bass would be separately amplified, and all other music up, would play 10Y(vt-25) or 45 single end amp, cause i expect good result mating it (112dB sensitivity, if i am not wrong - correct me). I must make one important notice here - i am just an amateur sick of boring "consumer modern" sound and i want to have something like that at home, to enjoy music in realistic way, as it should be. I am not technical expert or something like that. I am aware that Sato Horn, or some of WE22A "bigger brothers" would be more perfect solution, but unfortunately, my living space does not allow me implementing something like that in it, at the moment. I cant find specifications for WE22A also, chinese replica (Line Magnetic Audio), says that it goes from 150Hz straight to 13kHz, i somehow find it hard to be truth . Can You give me more info please and suggestions! I also wanna know, for making replica of horns, would flexible plywood do the job?

Thread Information