Thread: lL200T LF speaker

lL200T LF speaker

Greetings to all:

Does any one know what the difference is ( or is there any ) between the 2214 LF and the "120t LF
    as used in the L200T? There are a couple for sale on Flea-Bay and I am thinking about them.

Regards from Liberal Ville

As far as my reconer and I could tell, the only difference was a slightly stiffer spider in the 120T3 over a 2214. I assume this was done to get the driver to go higher (I think 1.2khz) to mate with a 2416 on a horn in a two way, versus 800hz in the L100T3

120T3 recone kits are NLA, so it you do need to service them, I guess you could get a 2214kit and have the reconer swap spiders to a stiffer one, though I don't know how they are measured, so I can't say how to do it precisely.

Good luck, let us know if you get them, and how you use them
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

I'm now going to change my mind - the 2214 was used up to 1.2khz in the 4425, so I don't know why the stiffer spider (larger enclosure volume?).

Forgot to mention - we were refoaming them, not reconing them, so we did not have a blown example to rip apart and look at the voicecoil - there could be a difference there, though considering how quickly the L200T3 was slapped together as a product, I doubt it.
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

120 t LF

Thanks for the info. I'm going to mull it over

Thread Information