Thread: Paragon Network

Paragon Network

Could anyone suggest why a Paragon owner might have swapped out the LX-5s for LX-13s?

A good friend of mine just bought a Paragon this past weekend, it is 100% original in every way except for the fact that the previous owner had made this swap. In the process of trying to track the original LX-5s down now.

Thanks

I don't think the original network is available. As a previous owner of the Paragon I believe the best thing to do is make some new ones ... CC coupled. Several members on this site has the knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    Could anyone suggest why a Paragon owner might have swapped out the LX-5s for LX-13s?

A good friend of mine just bought a Paragon this past weekend, it is 100% original in every way except for the fact that the previous owner had made this swap. In the process of trying to track the original LX-5s down now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    I don't think the original network is available. As a previous owner of the Paragon I believe the best thing to do is make some new ones ... CC coupled. Several members on this site has the knowledge.
    LX-5s were swapped with LX-13s.

Wasn't a matter of not having any networks.

This was done deliberately.

Talking

Higher crossover/power handling. LX-5=500Hz(100watts) LX-13-800Hz(120watts)
    I have used the LX-13 on my paragon(le 15a,375,075) for years.I like listening to jazz and using the LX 13, to me gave the system more pronounced mid-range.

Maron Horonzakz
    The lx-13 is a better xover point for the ellipticle horn and driver..i like the sound better..

paragon woofers

Changing the woofers to 2334s will greatly improve the bass (lower, tighter, less wooly). Since they go higher than the LE-15a, the 800 hz crossover should work even better. Unfotunately there is an impedance difference, which I think contributed to a slight loss of depth/imaging of the soundstage. It would be great if someone with the expertise could tweak the crossovers for the 2234s.

My paragon has been in storage for the last 6 years, since I moved to a small condo on the beach. I'm thinking of selling it since the storage is not cheap. Presently, I am using 4430s which I like very much. However, I much prefer the paragon for opera, choral & classical works. These performances really sound to me more like I'm in the concert hall with the paragon.

The paragon can sound somewhat bland without top notch electronics. The Atma-Sphere amp & preamp is a match made in heaven for the paragon. Just my experiences.

Stephen C.
    Stephen C.

Thread Information