Thread: New JBL 4312EBK vs old 4312

New JBL 4312EBK vs old 4312

Hello everyone I was wondering how the newer models with neodium drivers compare to the old ones in terms of sound and build quality? I have a pair of 4312xp which i love very much and now i see at my local dealership they have an offer for this new model. The store is 100km from me and i will probably go and take a listen to them, is ti worth going?

Quote Originally Posted by Soundrent View Post
    Hello everyone I was wondering how the newer models with neodium drivers compare to the old ones in terms of sound and build quality? I have a pair of 4312xp which i love very much and now i see at my local dealership they have an offer for this new model. The store is 100km from me and i will probably go and take a listen to them, is ti worth going?
    I found the technical sheet and uploaded to this site -
    JBL 4312E-BK JBL4312E_BK.pdf

System and driver images and such here -
    http://joshinweb.jp/av/5689/4968929005857.html
    Looks pretty cool!

They don't sell the cool new Japanese monitors here in the US -
    be sure to get some pictures and let us know what you think!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thanks for the links hjames The components realy look awesome but i have doubt that they sound like my old school ones... I will contact my local distributor on monday to check if they have them in stock. Best comparison is that i bring my 4312xp with me and compare them side by side also the price is pretty nice, i can get them for about 720 euros for pair

Quote Originally Posted by Soundrent View Post
    Thanks for the links hjames The components realy look awesome but i have doubt that they sound like my old school ones... I will contact my local distributor on monday to check if they have them in stock. Best comparison is that i bring my 4312xp with me and compare them side by side also the price is pretty nice, i can get them for about 720 euros for pair
    Know what you mean - getting a pair fresh with warranty is a plus!

I had a used pair a few years back, after my bought-new L-36s, but just before I got into the 15inch/Horn driver systems ...
    (got them used from a guy I just bought some L100Ts from ... )
    Had them for a while but sold them in 2006 - long gone now

Name:  JBL_4312BK-Jan142006.jpg
Views: 12925
Size:  78.3 KB
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information