Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L-100 pair for restoration

bob newton

L-100 pair for restoration

OK guys, I just bought a nasty pair of L-100's fully equiped with rat turd, wrong drivers and ripped cones. I notified the society for the prevention of cruelty to JBL's !! Anyway , I am determined to fully restore them to new condition. SHOULD I TAKE PICS? is anyone interested in following progress? The ripped cones are the woofers. And one is a 2212. How did that get there?

Also, I just purchased a l-100 cab and a perfect tweeter for same and grill with crossover also for $65.00 on Ebay

Sooooo, Now I have 2 pair of beloves L-100's and 1 pair of lancer 77 and a speaker for parts. But I am sure that I am gonna need more.

Hope you guys will help. Thanks

Figge

Re: L-100 pair for restoration

Originally posted by bob newton
    SHOULD I TAKE PICS? is anyone interested in following progress?

SHURE! we wanna see before and after!

oh! and good luck! sounds like your gonna need it!

bob newton
    Luck not needed, I am man of many talents and I have the good fortune of knowing you guys. I just hope sonofagun gets his moving act together soon

I am counting on him for grills. Maybe his wife is complaining he is always too busy.

OK, I will take picts. before and after. and keep ya all informed. same as audiobear and don c did. 2 cool guys there. And I will be counting on them too, for information.

Smart asses they are. I have the ass but half the smart!:o

Bob,

I will show you my pics if you show me yours.

I also have a pair of L100 cabs (no grills) that need work. No rat turds, tho.

I think a bottom corner edge on one is beyond help. Someone tried a bead of wood putty. I will pick it all out then try to figure something out. I think some nice stands with a slightly raised lib sould cover the bad can edge.

Also just received 2 original grill frames today. Wood is OK. 2 cracked slivers broken off the visible edges but they can be glued on. I need to find out how the blue foam I got from sonofagun is supposed to be mounted.

Just for grins I threw in a 2212, LE5-2 and a LE25-4 into one cab.
    Sounds OK to my lead ears.
    had L25,L36,L40,L120,L300,AquariusIV(2),S1,4408 have L65,L100,L222,DorianS12,B380

bob newton

I will show you my pics if you show me yours.

OK !! this is mine! your turn!

FROM READING PREVIOUS FORUMS, SONOFAGUN RECCOMENDS FORMICA GLUE. SAME AS USED ON COUNTERTOPS. aND HE STATED THAT YOU GOTTA BE CAREFULL THAT THE GLUE DOES NOT LEAK THROUGH. IE, HAVE THE FRONF UPRIGHT. hE ALSO STATED THAT SOME SORTA STICKTAPE IS AVAILABLE TO USE INSTED OF GLUE. aLSO RECCOMENDED IS -- THE ORIGIONAL HAD A CLOUTH SCREEN TO HELP SUPPORT THE FOAM GRILL. IF IT IS DAMAGED, GO WITH A PLASTIC TYPE SCREEN (SAME AS USED TO KEEP BUGS OUT IN WINDOWS} :o

bob newton
    i HAVE TO DEAL WITH SOME BAD CORNER EDGES TOO. i AM THINKING THAT i WILL PROBABLY FILL AND EIGHTER PATCH OR REVENEER. BUT AT ANY RATE, THEY ARE GONNA COME OUT BRAND NEW. OR ELSE

bob newton

here ya go, b-4 pics

here ya go

Here ya go and nuthin happens--bummer!

I don't know if this is the right way, but I find that when I use the preview stage I lose any graphics I'm trying to post. So, I proofread carefully and skip the preview stage. You can always delete the post if something goes wonky.

David

bob newton
    Thank you , I will try it again

RIP 2009
    For some reason the "attach file" doesn't work for me either - 'never has... Something's definitely broken, at least for some of us. I end up putting my pics up on an FTP site and linking to them. I do wish someone could figure out why attaching files appears to work for some people but not others...

John

bob newton

For some reason the "attach file" doesn't work for me either

Thank you John, I am working on it now

bob newton

Hope this works

here ya go
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by bob newton; 09-10-2004 at 07:44 PM.

bob newton
    I DID IT !!!!
    Last edited by bob newton; 09-10-2004 at 07:48 PM.

bob newton
    this is fun

Nice work!

Now, about those speakers . . .

Thread Information