Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4345 monitor plans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mike C

4345 monitor plans

Hi guys, does anyone have or know where I can source the plans to build a pair of 4345 monitors?
    thanks Mike

Still interested...?

Hey, Mike...

I intend on starting some resurrounds on my 2245H's and 2122H's this week-end. So, I'll have the cabinets in some very vulnerable positions for some pics (something with a boa, perhaps...? ) and measurements.

Let me know if you're still interested and what you are needing, and maybe I can start collecting for you.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Mike C
    Hi Bo, yes I'm still very much interested. I would appreciate any pics measurements and also any copys of owners manuals you may have. I want to build a pair of these things, but want them tobe as close to the real thing I can get!.
    thanks so much for answering my post.
    Mick.

Hey, Mike...

Pleasure, man.

I've no engineering plans - I'm (unfortunately... ) only a recent caretaker of this wonderful design. And, like Don, being an ethusiast of vintage, would love to perpetuate the knowledge, in any way I can.

I will photo a-plenty, and measure best I can. I can forewarn - I've already been "inside" these badboys, and they are really built. "Brick crapper" comes to mind.

And, to a pm received, this iteration has the 4-1/8" by 8-1/4" ports (x 3).

I have "surprise" company arriving this weekend, and so that may slow the project. But, I'll post what I can, when I have it.

ps: lurking behind the twins, is a Sony 50-in LCD flatpanel, struggling to be scale!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by boputnam; 07-11-2003 at 08:51 PM.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Approaching Tom's Wall of Sound

I need to add the 4301B's I'm reconing, and my refurbished 4312's L/R, but even with all that, it won't approach Tom's stellar collection.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Mike C
    wow! how cool are these things, mate they are mint. So tell me how do these babies sound? . I have got at the moment all these drivers apart from the 2245's( I have 2241's) in individual enclosures and they sound pretty fat!. Having seen yours I am keen to get my new bins started. Tell me, what blue would be the baffle be on these things?
    talk more soon.
    Mick.........

Cool mate they are mint. So tell me how do these babies sound?

They are simply quite astonishing. A seemingly near-perfect selection and alignment of transducers paired with well-thought-out networks and active crossovers. Smartly, the UHF are at-or-near sitting height - no stands or height adjustment needed. JBL engineers must've had Carte Blanch when designing these.

Every track is a new experience - whole lots of texture not before present (or at least audible... ). The responsiveness of the 2245H's is every-day surprising. No sluggishness or muddy character at all - quite to the contrary. And, they don't need high gain - they only need be on to get everyone's attention.

I am a REAL lucky boy to have a chance to caretake these - and that all before me babied them so. And even more - to have a wifey who is lettin' me do it . She has become quite smitten with them! She groaned (not the good one... ) when I unboxed them, but they absolutley "sell" themselves.

They have become not only the visual "center" piece of the redone family room, but are the conversation piece all the while. As a matter of fact, I drafted-up plans for a wall cabinet with cubbies for these and a doored/roll-in area for the rack, and proper LCD TV space, but cabinetry of the 4345's and overall look is too good for that - so, we're stalled with the temp set-up you see, for now.
    Last edited by boputnam; 07-12-2003 at 10:10 AM.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

steveh

4345 Monitor Plans

The 4345 project looks interesting. Having most of the components, I was wondering if 2441 diaphragms be installed in 2440's and deliver the 2441 performance? Thanks for any advice with regards to this question.

Hey, Steveh...

Welcome!

And, I don't know about 2441, but here's a Link to some Forum discussion on the 2421B (the compression driver in this pair of 4345's), and possible diaphram swaps: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ighlight=2421b
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Didn't get so far this weekend...

Be patient, and I'll slowly characterize these things. Frankly, its summer and there's many distractions and others calling for my participation and attendance!

Not much to report, but here's a close-up of the 2122H dog house baffle cut. The dog house interior dimensions are 14.5" wide by 10" high by 6" deep- completely sealed, and loosly lined with the batting shown.
    Last edited by boputnam; 07-14-2003 at 06:19 AM.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Mike C
    Hey Bo, thanks for the info mate, keep it coming but please don't let it get in the way of your R&R
    Mike.

Front Baffle pics - "The Series"

Here's some pics of the front baffle, with measuring tape for scale.

Note the baffle front (inside the molding) measures 39 inches height, by 28 inches wide (sorry - we are NOT going metric )

I tried no flash (not distinct enough) and ended-up thinking flash is better, but to mitigate flashback (oh NO!! :shock: ) I had to be slightly off axis. Let me know if these are not useful - here goes...

In response to some inquiries, I thought this series might be the best way to allow those interested to triangulate the center of the baffle cuts. If needed, you can "right click" on these and save them and enlarge in "Paint" or other graphics software for better viewing.

NOTE: All pics are with scale zero-end at baffle-left or baffle bottom.
    Last edited by boputnam; 07-15-2003 at 06:38 PM.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

across the 2405 and 2421B
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

across the 2122H (nice clean resurround job... )
    Last edited by boputnam; 07-15-2003 at 07:58 PM.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

across the 2245H
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Thread Information