View Poll Results: Which would you own, the L65A or L100T3?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • L65A

6 75.00%
  • L100T3

2 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Ok, L65A VS L100T3..let the fun (fight?) begin ...

tesla

Ok, L65A VS L100T3..let the fun (fight?) begin ...

I have both, and want to get opinions on both sides of the fence.

I prefer to hear from posters who have owned both, but I'm sure some will not be able to resist.

Since both speakers are aimed at pop music, not classical, I doubt many of the classical music listeners will chime in, but feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by tesla View Post
    I have both, and want to get opinions on both sides of the fence.

I prefer to hear from posters who have owned both, but I'm sure some will not be able to resist.

Since both speakers are aimed at pop music, not classical, I doubt many of the classical music listeners will chime in, but feel free.
    I vote for L65A.
    BTW,which jbl is most suitable for classical?
    46 lover

having heard neither and since you own both please express your opinion at some point. I would guess for me 100t3 but just a guess
    Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    having heard neither and since you own both please express your opinion at some point. I would guess for me 100t3 but just a guess
    Mark
    I'm pleased with the L100T (xover upgraded to T3 specs) ... enough so that I am considering another pair so all speakers in that room match!

Anyone want to buy a pair of refreshed 4341s? (PM me ...)
    (Don't forget I still have the heavily moded L200 3 ways)
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Anyone want to buy a pair of refreshed 4341s? (PM me ...))
    I just got an email reply from my long running CL WTB JBL ad ....

"Pair of 4341’s in excellent condition 8,000 dollars. Perhaps the rarest of all JBL pro’s. There are only three pairs in the usa."

Wow HJ...those are worth big bux..sell..sell..sell , and then put together the sys of your dreams, sis

In our local market...L65's sell for 3-4X the price a L100T goes for .... valid comparison ?
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    I'm pleased with the L100T (xover upgraded to T3 specs) ... enough so that I am considering another pair so all speakers in that room match!

Anyone want to buy a pair of refreshed 4341s? (PM me ...)
    (Don't forget I still have the heavily moded L200 3 ways)
    Did you see these in Springfield?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...464659543.html

Quote Originally Posted by svollmer View Post
    Exactly ... price is a bit steep - and I'm not sure where to put yet another pair of big boxes - but they would match my side speakers! If I put them up front I could simplify all that biamp gear - and two GFA-555s would run 2 pairs of L100Ts
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I just got an email reply from my long running CL WTB JBL ad ....

"Pair of 4341’s in excellent condition 8,000 dollars. Perhaps the rarest of all JBL pro’s. There are only three pairs in the usa."

Wow HJ...those are worth big bux..sell..sell..sell , and then put together the sys of your dreams, sis

In our local market...L65's sell for 3-4X the price a L100T goes for .... valid comparison ?
    Its the magic of the crystalline supertweeter!!
    ... but I can't say I've ever heard a pair, all my supertweeters have been the industrial black wedge versions ...
    and all of my 2405-speakers also had horn tweeters and 2234/2235s (3 or 4 ways) -
    none had cone midranges like the L65

I always figured if I found a pair of L65s, I'd use them as surrounds with the 4341s or L200+ speakers I have -
    but in this market, I never found a pair ...

I do prefer the finish of the L100T cabinets,
    but prefer the response of the L100T3 crossovers - a worthwhile upgrade!

It's a matter of taste. L65s have the west coast sound. I prefer the L65s although on paper the L100Ts have the better curves. The L65s will always bring a better resale price due to the appearance and parts.

tesla

My Opinion

I have owned my L65's for about 5 years now. I used them daily until about 2 years ago, I liked their sound a lot. I like to buy/use vintage speakers a lot, I have since had in my system:
    The Advent speakers, both the original with the masonite woofer, and the 2nd gen with the standard woofer but both pairs with the 'fried egg' tweeters.

Next was a pair of ESS AMT-1's.
    LOVE the Heil air motion tweets. Very airy sounding and the only real gripe I have with them is the small woofer. The later versions, at least on paper, fixed the lack of bass problem with passive radiators and/or larger woofers.

My current system is of course, the L100T3's. they sound very nice, but for me to compare them to my L65's would mean I would need to drag them out of the closet to refresh my "audio memory" (which is very short.)

My only real complaint about my L65's, is the condition of one cab, it needs to be replaced or repaired. Anyone got a nice L65(a) cab for sale?

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    Mark

Thread Information