The ATI amplifier thread started to veer toward preamps, so here's a thread to continue that discussion.

I'm currently using old pre/pros for stereo duty in three systems.

Citation 5.0 + Denon DVD2900 + JBL DX-1 + Hafler SR2300 (2) +JBL XPL200A (2)

JBL Synthesis® SDP-5 + Oppo 981H + JBL Synthesis® S650 + JBL S/2600 (2) + JBL Synthesis® S3S (2)

Outlaw 990 + Oppo BDP-83SE + ATI 2003 (2) + JBL K2 S9900 (2) + JBL SYnthesis® S2S (2)

All three of these somewhat dated pre/pros offer stereo analog and digital input, offer analog bypass and internal DAC conversion, offer analog and digital bass management, and have a ton of features I'll never use in a stereo listening environment.

At the present time, the Citation 5.0 is not using bass management with the XPLs, but I'm definitely using it on the other two systems. I believe it enhances both systems to a discernible degree.

What are the currently available stereo preamps that also allow bass management, and whaich ones have balanced outputs for the mains and the subs? One thing that makes the Outlaw 990 a great fit with the K2s and ATI amps is its balanced outputs including two subwoofer balanced outs.

I see Emotiva had a stereo preamp that sort of fit the bill, but it's sold out and a new unit is under development.