Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Acoustical Foam Egg and Multi Wave

JBL 4645
    It’s a can of Contact Adhesive for foam tiles!

Sooty promotes Advanced Acoustics with 5 paw approval
    Attached Images Attached Images  

JBL 4645
    Sooty has found a new toy to play with can you guess which one?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

80sKid
    Nice work, Ashley.

Glad to hear that you're noticing a difference. A carpet or area rug will dramatically further the improvement. You're undoubtedly getting a lot of reflections off of the floor, which need to be tamed.

Yes, the outgassing of the foam may last a week. As Heather suggested, keep some windows cracked open.

If you do get additional foam, I would try and distribute it as widely as possible (not putting it right next to the already-installed pieces). In your shoes, I would put several pieces in that front left corner of the room that has a lot of dead space (to the left of the "left front" speaker). Acoustically, it's very much not dead.

Also, adding foam to the front wall will further the control of sound (even though you may think the speakers are radiating all their energy forward, a lot of it is actually echoing across the front wall of the room).

JBL 4645
    Scorpio yell acoustical test

Ashley! Glad you have improved your listening pleasure.

Regarding all kind of measuring instruments, remember the best one we have is our ear.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    Ashley! Glad you have improved your listening pleasure.

Regarding all kind of measuring instruments, remember the best one we have is our ear.
    That’s right, Rolf that's why I’m using it with headphones on the above recoding of the room now if it dulls down on a few of odd leftovers I’ll get around to them next week, get another 30 tiles.

I’m not going to start trimming foam up for angles around walls or loudspeakers just yet.

There is hint of warmth in the room not sure if they have thermal properties for wintertime

When I step into the living room from the hallway that is bear walls no carpet anywhere in my home as yet. It makes it easy to clean the floor with sweep or vacuum. Plus Sooty gets sick sometimes “fur-ball” and its easy to clean and spray the floor down until sterile, if I had carpet it would be stained by now!

If my Sooty was going to be sick and was laying on the bed he’d get down on the floor and throw it up! He’s a good boy.

When I step into the living room I hear the room kinder closing in where before early yesterday it was bit open or live.

The only sound I can hear when walking around is the squeaky footsteps of my shoes against the surface of the titled floor. Oh and it reflecting of the plasterboard ceiling.

80sKid
    That's why I was suggesting a carpet remnant or a used area rug of virtually no value. You won't have to worry about stains.

I have cats and yes I will admit that cleaning furballs/vomit from carpet is no fun. But I personally wouldn't go without carpet because of it. At least not in our living room, where my A/V setup is.

The ceiling and the floor are significant factors in room acoustics and most people overlook them.

JBL 4645

Thread Information