Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Acoustical Foam Egg and Multi Wave

JBL 4645

Acoustical Foam Egg and Multi Wave

I’ve been looking at some prices on Acoustical Egg Foam

I’ve looked at one product on ebay (buy now) £92.45 P&P £12.50 but that’s not important now.

The package has x72 15 inch square tiles and can of whoopee free can of 500millilitre glue.

Acoustic Foam Room Treatment Egg Crate 15" Single Tile
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acoustic-Foam-...#ht_1993wt_825

I’ve calculated this would easily do the sidewalls and rear wall from slightly away from the front of the room and x3 tiles down along the sidewalls the colour is okay I can live that but can Sooty live it with after-all its his home as well!

I’m tempted to buy this week thou that’s going to only delay the next Samson SRK21 but might as well wait till the other supplier has some in stock so a couple of weeks won’t hurt, probably take a couple of weeks to plan out and stick them on walls.

I like the shape of the multi-wave I wonder if this will make SPACE 1999 intro music sound any better? It looks kinder futuristic.

Acoustic Treatment Multi WAVE Tiles Studio Room Foam
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acoustic-Treat...#ht_2087wt_825

Okay I want simple (good or bad) answers on each product negative views and positive views.

Why ?

Ash ,

do yourself a favour and save for a new flat-screen TV ...... if you really are a film fan that is ?

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    Ash ,

do yourself a favour and save for a new flat-screen TV ...... if you really are a film fan that is ?

Rich
    Ash, I think Rich means a new Much Much Larger One, someone with your penchant for the old TV Action should start with a minimum of 60".
    I think you are good on the audio end to say the least, but that wee little tv, its a travesty really

Heres a nice one for you... The Samsung UN65D8000, for you my friend $4,859.99 Plus shipping of course.

Get ready to blast off & hold on to that Neumans own.

Just Play Music.

I like the second style for looks, and think you'd be well served with either. Start with just your first reflection points for the fronts and center, and go from there. In your small room, you may find you like a lot of absorbtion, but you may also find yourself making it too dead if you overuse the tiles (though, you do seem to be capable of tossing some EQ around )

I swear that there is an old thread where Ash was pasting up egg cartons on the walls , think he's tried acoustic mods before.....
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I swear that there is an old thread where Ash was pasting up egg cartons on the walls , think he's tried acoustic mods before.....
    Perhaps, but in the meantime, he could do worse than using his fave Liquid Nails (or even a staple gun)
    to glue carpet to the wall, and take some of the bright reflections out of the plaster walls.

Plus - treating the wall won't raise the noise floor like adding
    yet another piece of low price amplified EQ/filter/whatevah to the mix would!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Plus - treating the wall won't raise the noise floor like adding
    yet another piece of low price amplified EQ/filter/whatevah to the mix would!
    Remember he has state of the art RTA ad SPL meters.

Damping !

If you keep those racks in the same room it might be a good idea to damp the metal side panels .
    get some rugs on the floor , a couple of Ikea rugs will do the same job as the tiles at halt the price --- leave a gap from the wall . Bass traps made from lambs wool insulation ,timber cut from B&Q .

It really doesn't appear you want advice , just attention . Heather has a very good point , you take 1 step forward and 2 back every time you dive into a skip ( dumpster ) for another EQ device .

Do you really need to start a new thread for this ? Surely this falls within the context of your other main thread .

Hey , maybe we can rename the bloody forum to " Ashly's Life "

Sorry I have to be so direct ,but plight and subtle hints just seem to encourage you !

A PISSED OFF MEMBER !

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I swear that there is an old thread where Ash was pasting up egg cartons on the walls .....
    Yes I think I remember that, its here somewhere.
    Just Play Music.

Do you really need to start a new thread for this ? Surely this falls within the context of your other main thread .

Sorry I have to be so direct ,but plight and subtle hints just seem to encourage you !

A PISSED OFF MEMBER !
    the member with most new personal (or silly)
    threads wins

LATER: I got out on the bike today with the iPod....this old Kinks song came on and the lyrics (with small word mods - mebbe "bluray" or "DVD" for "rock ’n’ roll" ?? ) seem to fit the situation ..

Dont’ want to spend my life, living in a rock ’n’ roll fantasy
    Don’t want to spend my life living on the edge of reality
    Don’t want to waste my life, hiding away anymore
    Don’t want to spend my life, living in a rock ’n’ roll fantasy...
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

JBL 4645
    Ash ,

Rich
    Why, Rich

I have a video LCD projector why waste money on flat screen! When the video projector image is many times larger and flat within the thickness of (bed sheet) Now Then!

I like the negative to positive response that’s what I was expecting.

How did the hip op work out pleasant?

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunchy View Post
    Ash, I think Rich means a new Much Much Larger One, someone with your penchant for the old TV Action should start with a minimum of 60".
    I think you are good on the audio end to say the least, but that wee little tv, its a travesty really

Heres a nice one for you... The Samsung UN65D8000, for you my friend $4,859.99 Plus shipping of course.

Get ready to blast off & hold on to that Neumans own.

You seem to think the same way as Rich does are you both androids?

Underworld Evolution, region2 DVD on the LCD projector last night. At just a small tiny, tiny, tiny width of 7 feet I’m pleased with the size.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by badman View Post
    I like the second style for looks, and think you'd be well served with either. Start with just your first reflection points for the fronts and center, and go from there. In your small room, you may find you like a lot of absorbtion, but you may also find yourself making it too dead if you overuse the tiles (though, you do seem to be capable of tossing some EQ around )

I like tossing! by that you mean the EQ switching them around I’ve thrown out a few not into the dustbin (in the bedroom) I’m ditching the non-pro EQ and replacing slowly with 31 bands.

So how did you handle your room with first reflections then? I read that the user can use a wall mirror with someone else moving it along the wall while the listener sits in the seating while looking for the loudspeaker to appear in the mirrors refection. And that is where a tile or what ever should go to handle the, issue is that not correct?

72 tiles in pack seems like a good deal I looked at other single tiles that only sold for £2.50 each 14” P&P and if you do the math for 72 tiles it works out as twice the cost! sigh

If I have enough for tomorrow to spend out, if I don’t I’ll hold out for week or so to scrap up enough and go for that 72 tiles in pack? Would that come in large box? 72 tiles is lot for small room.

JBL 4645
    If you keep those racks in the same room it might be a good idea to damp the metal side panels .
    get some rugs on the floor , a couple of Ikea rugs will do the same job as the tiles at halt the price --- leave a gap from the wall . Bass traps made from lambs wool insulation ,timber cut from B&Q .

It really doesn't appear you want advice , just attention . Heather has a very good point , you take 1 step forward and 2 back every time you dive into a skip ( dumpster ) for another EQ device .

A PISSED OFF MEMBER !
    Well that was on my mind before I came back to the thread late this evening. I’m aware the rack will have some reflectivity. Also aware that door leading out of the room the door would need some treatment over it no big deal.

I don’t seem to recall starting a thread like this before? Unless it was posted on the JBL surround thread that has been sleeping for the past 4 to 5 yeas now.

Well if I happen to come by a cheap selling rug LOL sorry when the word rug is mentioned I think of William Shanter rug! I wonder if local Age Concern has any rugs, I’ll have look in the morning while bus-ing around on an all day ticket and see what I can find for a few bob, oh! The what’s it place, Rich! umm, where I got the sofa from Recycle or other place, I can pop in and look at what is around, thou I don’t want to go over budget tomorrow I like to get the egg foam tiles if its doable given my budget.

B&Q is another good way to cut the costs down in half. I seen some diy bass traps and its like a picture fitted with rockwool WTF so easy nice bit of fabric to cover it up so it doesn’t look like wood with rockwool stuck in the middle yeah, I’ll take that tip onboard! Rich

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunchy View Post
    Yes I think I remember that, its here somewhere.
    Well unless I can find it myself I can remember but where I posted it I have no idea? I’ll do a quick systematic search.

Thread Information