Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All diy.

All diy.

For 2 days ago i bought 2 cabinets for testing my subs. And yesterday i put neutrik connectors on them and painted the backside black ( they where unpainted). They are made of 28mm MDF and have mahogny dress. Today i lifted them up to the second floor and mounted drivers. The subs are the massive W1500h from Jbl and i feed them with an QSC plx 3402 amp.
    I have Richluvsounds old 4345 besides them as normal Stereo speakers. These subs really have potential . These tests cabinets are ported, but when my own cabinets are ready iŽll go with closed.
    I also tried a third cabinet (Jbl 4507) with TAD tl-1601b, TD-4003 with stereo-labs tractrix horn as a center speaker. I liked the tractrix horn, but iŽll buy another horn to get the same as the main speakers (not the 4345).

matsName:  hmm 008.JPG
Views: 7925
Size:  140.9 KBName:  hmm 007.JPG
Views: 4335
Size:  118.0 KBName:  hmm 006.JPG
Views: 3873
Size:  117.0 KB
    4345 diy, K2/Array diy Ht. TAD 4 way diy.

soooo.... How deep and how loud does the W1500H go?

Gorgeous!!
    Looks great - must be quite the sound!!

Quote Originally Posted by matsj View Post
    For 2 days ago i bought 2 cabinets for testing my subs. And yesterday i put neutrik connectors on them and painted the backside black ( they where unpainted). They are made of 28mm MDF and have mahogony dress. Today i lifted them up to the second floor and mounted drivers. The subs are the massive W1500h from Jbl and i feed them with an QSC plx 3402 amp.
    I have Richluvsounds old 4345 besides them as normal Stereo speakers. These subs really have potential .
    mats
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

iŽll buy another horn to get the same as the main speakers (not the 4345).
    Ok, you've already said too much, but not enough!! Please tell us more about your mains!

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    Ok, you've already said too much, but not enough!! Please tell us more about your mains!
    That's what I was thinking!
    Show us what ya got: Homebuilt Hi-Fi

You guys have to wait 2-3 months to see what it is .

Back to the subs. They are brand new and i think they need a loot of hours to perform there best. I was only trying them for 15 min and there was a big smile on my lips. When i change the cabinets to closed boxes they will play really deep. I had no eq on them yesterday so i have to wait untill saturday for more tests.

mats

Horns ?

do you prefer the tractix to the TH 4003 ? .... I found the TH 4003 a bit too big for short throw ...

2 to 3 months , I'll be in Malmo on my my way to yours in a taxi before that LOL besides , European release date comes first anyway ..

Rich

tractrix size

Is the Stereo Labs tractrix in the photo the 600 or 400 Hz cut-off? Thanks.

Obsolete
    The subs are the massive W1500h from Jbl
    Congratulations for obtaining a pair! Much cheaper than having to buy a 1500 Array or an HB5000.

Here are a few out of the box photos for those interested in such things.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

The horns are 400hz. I do think the sound nice, but iŽll go with my other idea.

Rich: then i have to work 32 hours per day. But you are welcome to the best country in the world. They will be ready. All releases are in europe (first).

Thanks 4313b for some pictures, i have another pair for my new speakers also .

mats

You deserve it Mats.... you work bloody hard for your fun ... !

let me know when you have some time off ..... I'd love to visit . After all , Sweden is where my fathers family come from ,even it was 1500 years ago

For 2 days ago i bought 2 cabinets for testing my subs. And yesterday i put neutrik connectors on them and painted the backside black ( they where unpainted). They are made of 28mm MDF and have mahogny dress. Today i lifted them up to the second floor and mounted drivers. The subs are the massive W1500h from Jbl and i feed them with an QSC plx 3402 amp.
    I have Richluvsounds old 4345 besides them as normal Stereo speakers. These subs really have potential . These tests cabinets are ported, but when my own cabinets are ready iŽll go with closed.
    I also tried a third cabinet (Jbl 4507) with TAD tl-1601b, TD-4003 with stereo-labs tractrix horn as a center speaker. I liked the tractrix horn, but iŽll buy another horn to get the same as the main speakers (not the 4345).

mats
    You are a freakin' inspiration to all of us. Keep it up!!!!

I hope more people can show their diy stuff, thereŽs alot of good diy builders on this forum. I have some amps on my table too waiting for my camera.

mats

After some cleaning and moving around the setup looks like this today:
    Dbx driverack 260-> Crown D75A "high"->Qsc plx3402 "low"-> 2 Crown K2 "subs"

mats

Name:  d 005.JPG
Views: 7197
Size:  124.8 KBName:  d 006.JPG
Views: 3691
Size:  113.7 KB

I look forward to hearing that

Thread Information