I was thrilled to get these from the original owner, whose husband had passed, and she just didn't have room for them--that was 30 years ago.
I took awesome care of them, and we had fun together, great parties, wonderful romantic evenings in front of them--they can tell stories. I powered them with an old JVC for awhile, then pretty much my beloved (and still in service) Yamaha M1.
Midlife took it's toll, a move, and a divorce... These babies ended up being disrespectfully stored in a cold dark place, which was good... EXCEPT mice found their way in the port of one of them. And one of the Midrange has a hole in it. Cabinets are sound, but externally beat up.
By far the worst thing is the mouse pee on the crossover of the one cabinet. Everything is functional, however, I'm sad. By the time I got them back, and had a good look at them. I fear the worst?
Anyway, they have tight, happy 122A Woofs, and the blessed Crystal Tweeter.
I have two choices as I see it:
Rebuild two matching cabinets, try to de-mouse-pee the crossover, buying a new midrange, re-foaming the woofs and though not original, I should be able to preserve the magic with a new cabinet. (Anyone had experience doing a different cabinet shaper, like narrower tower vs. the original squat box shape, of the same exact internal volume of course?)
or
Part them out...
Please share your opinions and experiences. I'm a busy dad and business owner--time is my shortest commodity. But I'm a sentimental dude... what to do. I actually DON'T have a place for them in my home. Well, I can FIND a place for them, but don't really need to.
Thanks in advance for the knowledge here. I know they are kind of special...I think they are... but I don't know how special or worth preserving or letting the parts go so they can be reincarnated in someone elses life...

Tony