I live somewhat close to OC Speaker, are they to be trusted?
I've got 3 LE14H-1's that were all done by them, all with the foam on the front, presumably because the previous owner who took them in did not specify a preference (right or wrong, do you need to state your preference?). If they're really close to you, you're just doing a refoam, and you specify in writing on the work order to do the foam on the back of the cone, you should at least come out with an refoam job as good as you or most of us could do, but there are those who can do better. I have a guy up here who is significantly better than me, so I pay him to do all of mine. If you can, stick with a one man shop - Edgewound in your area, I've got a good guy up here - every job is done the same way by the same hands. The place I used to go had two or three guys that did work on woofers - sometimes it was nice, sometimes the glue was pretty irregular, but you didn't know who did what and can't pick who will work on your stuff. If you're buying foam to DIY, OCS should be fine, but please spend the extra time to drive or ship to Edgewound - I realize the drive's a PIA, but you'll forget the drive; you won't forget a lumpy glue job.