Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Headphones anyone ?

Shure Bros

There is another in ear product, a professional in ear stage monitor. Not cheap, but Shure Brothers has been making a killing supplying the tour circuit with them. If you spot a wedge-free band playing, they just might be using them. http://www.shure.com/ProAudio/Produc...tems/index.htm

While I feel that one of the advantages of headphones is their single driver technology, the dual driver offering is interesting. http://www.shure.com/ProAudio/Produc...o_SCL5_content

Clark in Peoria
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

I ride bike very often and would NEVER wear sound isolating gear. Car drivers don't care about cyclists and you really have to protect yourself.
    That means wearing bright shirt, helmet, gloves and have your hearing really attuned to stupid cars.
    That said,,,,,I do take along my pod - makes the miles go faster- but the volume is always low. I use these buds by RIO. They have a soft ear hanger and do not block street noise.

Getting rid of the noise is not worth an accident !!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Seawolf I don't fully understand your post. Don't do it but I do??? It also states I personally don't ride around cars and also states this isn't a thread on what I should or shouldn't do which is a pet peeve of mine.

shrt story...I bought a very early g35 coupe I wanted a bike rack for it. It was actually written that I must sell my car and don't deserve it because I was defaming such a beautiful car... I don't remember any of those posters making my payments, being married to any of them or i haven't broke any laws of any kind yet I should sell my car because some people on the net didn't think I was worthy...

I am the picture @byrd automotive products for his bike rack for the g35, thank you very much

Mark

I hope the last post didn't come off too poorly and it wasn't really aimed st Seawolf, it just hit right on that last and sensitive nerve for the day. I am home now w/2 screwdrivers in my hand, one to drink and one to replace a woofer, much better now

I am now doing my sop for finding product and review for the sony 1122 something or other for about $70 to give them a try. certainly cheaper than other toys I want but can't afford at this time, anyone giving away a large screen full featured GPS ?

Mark

Good Headphones?

Can anyone point me to some stylish headphones that give good sound.
    I am thinking of buying a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre (www.beatsbydre.com) when they come out. I have a friend who works over at monster and he says they are going to be sick.

What do yall think?

I’m skeptical… seems to have a lot of hype around it and the monster association just seems to go hand in hand as they love over-priced snake-oil type stuff.

If you want a good pair of headphones that aren’t all hype, that have years of reputation behind them and are known for their good bass for Hip-Hop and Rock, check out the Beyerdynamic DT770-Pro/80ohm

http://www.music123.com/272025-i1126937.Music123

hey.

well im using (for homerecording) AKG 24o and 271, and am very very happy with them.
    dont know the prices of them in the US but here in europe they are quite a bargain.
    they are comfy and look good.
    look good indeed:

one is silver, and the other is gold!!

wait a sec.
    dr.dre...?
    if your a bass-freak better stay clear of the two. groove-a-liced theyre not!

cheers anyway,
    mikey

Quote Originally Posted by Chogull View Post
    What do yall think?
    Are you joking?

Beyerdynamic, AKG, and Sennheiser all make excellent headphones. If you buy the top or near top of the line from any of these companies you will have some excellent headphones. Monster is the very best of audio hype.

Widget

RIP 2009
    'Looks like a $399 troll to me...

John

IMHO, this first-post smacks of viral marketing. Is Monster paying hip dudes to hawk their wares on any Internet list that has anything to do with sound?

But I'll take the bait. I recently replaced my forty-year old Superex ST-Pro Vs with Sennheiser HD280 Pros, shown in this link from the same site as above, though I paid $79 for them elsewhere. A friend who does pro live sound swears by these MDR-V700DJs from Sony. Nothing from Monster in this house except their dual-banana plugs from Best Buy.

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    'Looks like a $399 troll to me...

John
    We have a winner

Moderator, show Dr Dre the door please!
    Why buy used when you can build your own?

$400 for a pair of headphones!? They don't even list the specs. Does marketing and name recognition really go that far?

I really need to go into business. There are so many ignorant people that I could be taking advantage of.

I also have AKG 240s and like them very much. Still, I have a hard time getting 5.1 channels out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
    I also have AKG 240s and like them very much. Still, I have a hard time getting 5.1 channels out of them.
    I liked those AKG's also...for ultimate comfort, the Senn HD-580 is my champ...best cans I ever used were Fostex.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    IMHO, this first-post smacks of viral marketing. Is Monster paying hip dudes to hawk their wares on any Internet list that has anything to do with sound?
    I hope that is the case... and I hope that potential buyers find this thread.

Monster does one thing really well. Their cables stay flexible even after years of abuse. Unfortunately they are not worth what they cost and typically the ends fall off, break, or fail in some other manner. Their attempts at speaker lines have failed miserably and I expect these headphones will also. Look for them being dumped in a year or so on eBay.

Widget

Thread Information