Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ordering JBL From Japan

Ordering JBL From Japan

Does anyone know if it's possible to order from this website and have speakers sent to North America? http://www.harman-japan.co.jp/jbl/hifi/ Is there too much red tape to deal with? I realize shipping would not be cheap, but they've got a nice line up of speakers, especially in the 43XX Studio Monitor section. Yummie! I'm assuming these speakers are faithful quality from JBL - or are they cheap versions?

It looks like there is a pair of 4312MKII on ebay right now (http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JBL-4312-431...ht_1034wt_1139), but I'd rather check out these guys http://www.harman-japan.co.jp/jbl/hifi/4307/
    Sony N55ES (2), E1000ESD, C85ES - JBL 120Ti | Onkyo TX-SR605 - JBL L830 (4), LC1 (1) | Dell - Pioneer SX-750 - JBL 4406

Nice line-up.
    Unfortunately it seems in North America the majority settled for minicomponents and MP3s

You cannot order from Harman Japan. You have to order through a Japanese JBL dealer, and arrange shipping through them. Harman does not trans-ship, so the speakers will probably have to go to the dealer in Japan, then back to you, so freight will be prohibitive. That's why we see so few pairs here...

Yeah, I figured shipping would be a big hurdle, just didn't know if there was some kind of hassle related to customs or whatever. I have plenty of personal contacts in Japan, but don't really want to intrude on anyone right now with what's going on with earthquakes and such. Maybe I'll look into it again at some point down the road.
    Sony N55ES (2), E1000ESD, C85ES - JBL 120Ti | Onkyo TX-SR605 - JBL L830 (4), LC1 (1) | Dell - Pioneer SX-750 - JBL 4406

Be kind of cool for those interested to put something together to make it cost feasible?

There is another issue. Harman will not extend warranty coverage for products that are sold to individuals not living in the region the product was originally sold in.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    There is another issue. Harman will not extend warranty coverage for products that are sold to individuals not living in the region the product was originally sold in.

Widget
    They should, if the product goes back to Japan for servicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaulive View Post
    They should, if the product goes back to Japan for servicing.
    Technically the dealer is breaking his agreement with Harman to sell it to you if you do not live in his region, that said, if you do have a dealer willing to work with you and you ship it back to the dealer, you could probably get the warranty coverage, but it is not certain and it will be very expensive.

The bottom line is, in dealing with a large multinational corporation, you need to play by their rules if you really want to cover your tail.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Technically the dealer is breaking his agreement with Harman to sell it to you if you do not live in his region

Widget
    That is also true, but to be exact I think the problem lies in shipping to that region. If you happen to go to Japan and buy the stuff there, no problem, you will just have to go back there if you need to claim.

In this case however, deliberately shipping overseas may cause a problem with most dealers.

Obsolete
    Best course is probably not to bother buying any of their bullshit anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Best course is probably not to bother buying any of their bullshit anywhere.
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Eaulive View Post
    That is also true, but to be exact I think the problem lies in shipping to that region. If you happen to go to Japan and buy the stuff there, no problem, you will just have to go back there if you need to claim.

In this case however, deliberately shipping overseas may cause a problem with most dealers.
    If they make it that damned hard to buy their speakers, just buy speakers from someone else, ya know?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I think it's a good way to obtain your favorite JBLs from Japan.
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    I think it's a good way to obtain your favorite JBLs from Japan.
    Radioactive glow-in-the-dark JBL system... Hmmm... Get your Geiger meter when you open the package.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    Radioactive glow-in-the-dark JBL system... Hmmm... Get your Geiger meter when you open the package.
    That's the fact that you must take account
    46 lover

Thread Information