Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Marantz AV7005 for HT

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    If I had several dozens FBQ2496 daisy chinned to make up a single 200 bands per channel though might be more than I would need I could use PEQ for wide to narrow crunching down on the offensive peaks at far less price than $5grand £2993.00 talk about an over-costly toy to EQ the room automatically, that's because most are lazy to do it manually.
    Ashley, do us a favor and try not to post when you have no idea what you are talking about... just a thought.

What Audyssey does is far more than simply EQing a speaker system. It adjusts time delay of all kinds, not just simple arrival time, it adjusts phase, and most importantly it uses a very clever algorithm to balance the bass in a room for a wide sweet spot, not a simple center weighted single or multi-mic position measurement.

Widget

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    What Audyssey does is far more than simply EQing a speaker system. It adjusts time delay of all kinds, not just simple arrival time, it adjusts phase, and most importantly it uses a very clever algorithm to balance the bass in a room for a wide sweet spot, not a simple center weighted single or multi-mic position measurement.

Widget
    Widget
    I guess that’s why I read some posts where it says unquote “All my bass is gone”!

Yeah I can adjust for phase time delay even temperature changes in the room.

Update

The word is there's going to be a price increase on the AV7005 of $100 starting July 1st, tomorrow. MSRP will go to $1599.

Mine has been flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwedge View Post
    The word is there's going to be a price increase on the AV7005 of $100 starting July 1st, tomorrow. MSRP will go to $1599.

Mine has been flawless.
    Thanks for keeping us informed!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Yes, I got an email from Outlaw to that effect a couple of days ago.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Thanks for keeping us informed!
    Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    Yes, I got an email from Outlaw to that effect a couple of days ago.
    It's a small world, I got my info from them too.

On the subject of the AV7005... since it is built in Japan, they have not been available for the past couple of months. A large allotment has just hit the US and some may not be spoken for... most are pre-sold as they were back ordered.

I think they are a fabulous bargain if you are looking for high performance AV Processor.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    On the subject of the AV7005...

I think they are a fabulous bargain if you are looking for high performance AV Processor.

Widget
    What he said

I've had 3 firmware updates since I got it. Don't ask me what for, I suppose I should go look.

Music Streaming from PC

One word>>FANTASTIC!

I have 3 PCs in the house, my main PC, my server and the kids PC plus a laptop that are all networked. My main PC and laptop are W7 Pro 64 bit. Anyway, all of my cds are ripped to my PC as images, wave and mp3 and using the media server function through the web based control of the AV7005 I get no glitches playing the music in wave form over the network. W7 networking is great too, I can play the files from the storage PC to the AV7005 by way of the laptop.

I have my pc connected analog as well but streaming is just as good. Haven't tried any video yet, I'm slow. Haven't even got FM up yet!

Thread Information