Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much do you spend on your SPL db metre?

I would have thought that one of the clever folk here would have mentioned to get a rechargeable 9v battery. The do make them in 9v these days and if you are using that many batteries, they are a very good alternative.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    I would have thought that one of the clever folk here would have mentioned to get a rechargeable 9v battery. The do make them in 9v these days and if you are using that many batteries, they are a very good alternative.

I did say in page 1 I’d look into it. Only I’d need x2 9volt one for charging while the other one is in use.

Indeed you did but everyone else wanted to talk about other things.......

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    Indeed you did but everyone else wanted to talk about other things.......
    What things was that, Al? oh those "things" yes I guess they have troubling things on their minds. Never mind tomorrow might be brighter day.

Oddly so I haven't had need to use the SPL db metre tonight that's one less few milliwatts I have to use on it tonight.

The question was, "How much do you spend on your SPL db metre?"

That's all I've been talking about. What I, and some others spend goes way beyond batteries. But you asked the question.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
    The question was, "How much do you spend on your SPL db metre?"

That's all I've been talking about. What I, and some others spend goes way beyond batteries. But you asked the question.
    Yes in powering it! I mean its not much good without batteries, is it now.

Maybe I should buy some Eveready 9volt batteries I hear they’ve got ever lasting power.

It even has a tiny picture of cat on it.

I got it! They make those wind-up radios and even touches! Why not a wind-up SPL db metre? That way you don’t have to keep spending money on batteries. Just a thought.

I have two containers full of batteries for later disposal when I take them down to a shop. You know what they, should do! If you hand in 10 or more batteries they should give you x2 free batteries of your choice.

I know I can daisy chain series the 9volt batteries together to get my last full 9volts from 10 or more batteries. Waste not, want not.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Yes in powering it! I mean its not much good without batteries, is it now.

Maybe I should buy some Eveready 9volt batteries I hear they’ve got ever lasting power.

It even has a tiny picture of cat on it.

I got it! They make those wind-up radios and even touches! Why not a wind-up SPL db metre? That way you don’t have to keep spending money on batteries. Just a thought.

I have two containers full of batteries for later disposal when I take them down to a shop. You know what they, should do! If you hand in 10 or more batteries they should give you x2 free batteries of your choice.

I know I can daisy chain series the 9volt batteries together to get my last full 9volts from 10 or more batteries. Waste not, want not.

For my intents and purposes, its not much good without certification, even if it works perfectly with new batteries in it. For you it's a toy, but for me it's a tool.

The "cat of 9 lives" came from the acquisition of Ray-O-Vac.

JBL 4645
    For my intents and purposes, its not much good without certification, even if it works perfectly with new batteries in it. For you it's a toy, but for me it's a tool.

The "cat of 9 lives" came from the acquisition of Ray-O-Vac.
    I might think about Phonic PAA3 PAA-3 is that a toy? I don't think so at over £230.00

Cat of 9volts! Maybe I should ask Sooty to stick his, tongue on the terminals.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    I might think about Phonic PAA3 PAA-3 is that a toy? I don't think so at over £230.00

Yes, it's still a toy regardless of how much you pay.

And 230 pounds is nothing for a noise meter. Follow the link to the Larson Davis Model 720. This is the Volkswagon (entry level) of sound level meters and will set you back about $3,000 (or more). You'll also need the calibrator so plan andother $800-$1,000.

http://www.larsondavis.com/Model720.htm

What makes it a tool rather than a toy is it's purpose and use..., not its cost.

My HT system, Corvettes, and garden railroad are also toys based on their purpose and use. Doesn't matter what they cost.

JBL 4645

And 230 pounds is nothing for a noise meter. Follow the link to the Larson Davis Model 720. This is the Volkswagon (entry level) of sound level meters and will set you back about $3,000 (or more). You'll also need the calibrator so plan andother $800-$1,000.

What makes it a tool rather than a toy is it's purpose and use..., not its cost.

My HT system, Corvettes, and garden railroad are also toys based on their purpose and use. Doesn't matter what they cost.
    Are you a toy-boy?

I fully agree with you. No point in getting some pretty data, if the data is wrong. Or even if you don't know if it is correct. It might be.....or it might not......
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

Thread Information