Thread: bx63a

bx63a

Since the BX63 is hard to find I have purchased a Paradigm x-30 to use instead. It worked great for 3 time before it started leting out some of the magic smoke. I was able to source another unit to be shipped tomorrow.

I need anther or 2 anyway so what else out there will perform the same functions? Cross over duty and the ability to sum L and R of my amp that doesn't bridge(swap phase 180 degrees) ? of course be in $100 price range

If anybone has a bx for sale let me know!!!

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

You can look for the very cheap reckhorn B1.
    The HP filter+boost can achieve the same thing as the Q=2.0 HP filter of the bx63a.
    The only thing missing is the mono summation, but it is easy enough to accomplish...
    It is unbalanced but stereo, so you can make a cable with inverted polarity and effectively run your amp bridged.

I know Guido has also been using it and was quite happy with it (that's what decided me to buy one).

The current rechhorn B2 is even cheaper, but lacks the LP functionality.

Maybe you could try a dbx 110, 120, or similar and see if it works for you. They are easy to find. My 110 sums the channels, provides an adjustable bass boost, synthesizes a subharmonic (if desired), and provides a subwoofer output.

Thx for the replies. I was not able to find either product before I could find 2 x-30s which I purchased. They do what I am looking for and were available

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

I heard abourt it here I think, if you did search,...(j/k)

From memory only...

Paradigm x-30 came with 1 of their subs as a controller maybe as early as the 90's.

3 choices for hi pass 50, 80 and I believe 120 choose by which connection for you plug your RCAs into. Choices for low pass are detemined by rotorary knob in the front, continuous from 40ish to 200ish. 2 additoinal knobs, 1 for level and 1 for phase. If you use the 2 positive connection from a standard amp and then set the phase 180 oppisite you then have summed your amp or bridged it.

Specifics to my set up

I moved 2 300 watt Perreauxs upstairs, Adcom 760 and a x30. Full range out to x30. I use the home ver 3150 on the dq-10s, 1 of the 6000 w/fan "summed" on the DBX sub. Sounded pretty good last week the 3 times I heard it. Then no light , bad smell(no real smoke) no sound. It came with a Radio Shack power supply, supposedly worked correctly when I bought months ago???

Reconfigured the set up till I can reinstall 1 of 2 new to me X-30s. I am using the fixed XO in Adcom and a single channel in the Perreaux but it isn't the same at all. Next week I will restore it and think about testing my spare 2445 in tht DBX box

Mark

Thread Information