Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heres a rare bird for yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Earl Scheib will paint any car for $29.95! (US humor, they probably don't have Earl Sheib in Norway).
    Thats what I thought, I was tired of primer the roof after I removed the vinyl...figure a cheap paint job will keep that from happening....went to Earl Scheib....cost will be...1900$

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    I don't understand why you are selling it. If it was mine I would have it in a glass mounter for display. And for $110? No way.
    I doubt it will stay at 107$. One sold in Feb for 1600$. If I had a system to use it in I would keep it, but just sitting it on a shelf wouldn't do anything for me. If I waited for the period horn and xover to come up for auction...I would be paying a crazy price...plus I would need to have the original cabinet built..Its better to put it on the market and let someone buy it whos been looking for one to complete their project.

Earl Scheib will paint any car for $29.95! (US humor, they probably don't have Earl Sheib in Norway).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Scheib

Founded by Earl Scheib (February 28, 1908 - February 29, 1992) in Los Angeles in 1937 the company grew quickly following World War II
    and by 1975 had branches in Germany and England, all company owned, with Scheib manufacturing his own paint through a wholly owned-subsidiary.

Earl Scheib ceased operations nationwide on July 16, 2010. The corporation will no longer honor its customer warranties.
    Each store is now independently owned and operated by individual owners.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Earl Scheib ceased operations nationwide on July 16, 2010. The corporation will no longer honor its customer warranties.
    Ah that explains the run down condition of the shop and the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Scheib

Founded by Earl Scheib (February 28, 1908 - February 29, 1992) in Los Angeles in 1937 the company grew quickly following World War II
    and by 1975 had branches in Germany and England, all company owned, with Scheib manufacturing his own paint through a wholly owned-subsidiary.

Heh, thanks for that! I can't remember where I used to see those old commercials, I'm guessing off the cable feeds from Dallas or Chicago.

Sell it to me. How much? including freight to Norway. Anyway, let somebody who cares (like me) get the hand of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooljjay View Post
    Thats what I thought, I was tired of primer the roof after I removed the vinyl...figure a cheap paint job will keep that from happening....went to Earl Scheib....cost will be...1900$

I doubt it will stay at 107$. One sold in Feb for 1600$. If I had a system to use it in I would keep it, but just sitting it on a shelf wouldn't do anything for me. If I waited for the period horn and xover to come up for auction...I would be paying a crazy price...plus I would need to have the original cabinet built..Its better to put it on the market and let someone buy it whos been looking for one to complete their project.

I paint your car for nothing. That is, you pay for the color, and the freight to me and back to you.

Looks to me like you've shorted yourself a couple of years on the date. If I read the Steve Schell piece correctly, Lansing had moved out of the San Marcos location by early/mid '47.

"The earliest ones, built in San Marcos (beginning late 1946 or early 1947) and Venice (from mid 1947) "

Looks to me like you've shorted yourself a couple of years on the date. If I read the Steve Schell piece correctly, Lansing had moved out of the San Marcos location by early/mid '47.

"The earliest ones, built in San Marcos (beginning late 1946 or early 1947) and Venice (from mid 1947) "
    Oops you are correct, I should have said 1946. For some reason I got the 2 locations mixed up. These allergies have my head all shorts of messed up...Least I have the right photos in the auction. I will add a note into the auction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    Sell it to me. How much? including freight to Norway. Anyway, let somebody who cares (like me) get the hand of it.

Your Welcomed to bid on the auction, I don't want to putt it as there are like 60 people watching the auction and it wouldn't be fair.

I would keep it.It won't bring nearly the price it could have due to it needing to be re-coned.And you can't get the correct original cone for it anymore.But I just love having history like that in my possession to insure it's preservation.

But you can see why Altec sued Jim Lansing.It looks identical to the Altec 515 except for the color,wrinkled paint,cone & dust cap,and that's when they changed soon after the lawsuit.

I would have kept it.Not everyday you come across things like that. Great Find ! Good Luck with your auction.
    "James B. Lansing" = Lansing Manufacturing ~ Altec Lansing ~ JBL

Not gonna lie, that looks like hybrid mix of a JBL and Altec 515...

Not exactly a down payment on a house: $455.

Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    Nah, just a more modest abode!

Nah, just a more modest abode!

I hope this is seriously braced, a couple of hundred watts and a pair of decent JBLs inside there will shake this shack to pieces

There's no power to it, but it's framed up with 2X4s just like a house. Surprisingly well made for the cost, and the loft is 2/3 decked to store even more junk up there. I bought it as a place to stash the equipment boxes that were taking over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    Yep I know, guess I will contuine to rent Though tht shed looks pretty nice, a small window some nice stepping stones...yep I can live there oh and a loft...I can use that for guest

Oh well it was more then what I paid for them, the lady only wanted 20$ and would not let me pay her more. So far I've made 1144$ on them...not a bad investment.

Thread Information