Thread: Call me a madman...

Regis

Call me a madman...

What's really bad, is when you actually start considering buying a pair of 4435's and then not finding those, you start thinking 4628's. Then you find a used Pro audio site that's selling 4871's for $875 apiece. You see ads for L-300's for $3K the pair and you have to think "Fools!". Gawd, imagine a pair of 4871's in a house. Four 18" woof's, two compression horns and a 2404H! Heck, you could move furniture around without lifting a finger. It'd be like one of those vintage electric football games where the playing surface vibrates. You sure wouldn't be lacking in bass!

I have 300's at home. I wouldn't trade them for 4871's . Different speaker, different application.
    The 4871's would probably be better for a deck party in the middle of the sticks.
    LE15-Thumper
    "Give me JBL, or give me death"

Regis

Home vs. the pro pricing is what I'm thinking of...

o way do I want to discount the L-300! In fact I lusted after those back in 1978, but settled for the L-65A's. What I'm pointing out is that the prices for "home audio" speakers like the L-300's have gone beyond astronomical! The rest of the JBL L-xx's are following along. The bang for the buck has to go to the used "pro audio" market. The bad? Some of these are some "black-ugly" speakers! The good? On Craiglist for a pair of 4628's recently went for $275! That is an amazing price for a set of speakers with that kind of performance! As the 43xx and 44xx supply dries up among collectors, I envision the next area of "collectability" will go to the 46xx Cabaret series. I believe it's possible to remove the black paint and garish decals, redo the cabs with some nice veneer (I envision leaving the flush handles alone and covering them with a velcro'd "Tile" square of matching wood and then build/add some cloth grills.

Man you guys are driving me crazy with all that L300 love stuff. I just missed out on a pair of 4333As for BIN $375 last night local pickup (kindof).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

I had them, I had them, my wife had me (and boy did it hurt). Guess who won. Love is a many splendored thing!

(must have been the waking her up after she had been asleep for an hour and all the "no, no, really..."s.)

Crazy

No big deal. 4333s and L300s are OK if you like that JBL kind of sound, get some Bose cubes and make your wife happy!

"No big deal. 4333s and L300s are OK if you like that JBL kind of sound, get some Bose cubes and make your wife happy!"

Gee I would have thought the Bose Radio for the L300's and save the cubes/acoustimas for the 9800?? Oh well

Rob

Obsolete
    Originally posted by andresohc
    I just missed out on a pair of 4333As for BIN $375 last night local pickup (kindof).
    D'oh! I would have snagged them for that in a heartbeat.

NO S**T!!!

Originally posted by Robh3606
    "No big deal. 4333s and L300s are OK if you like that JBL kind of sound, get some Bose cubes and make your wife happy!"

Gee I would have thought the Bose Radio for the L300's and save the cubes/acoustimas for the 9800?? Oh well

Rob

BOSE ! now that is four letter word if I ever heard one

Thumper
    LE15-Thumper
    "Give me JBL, or give me death"

Thread Information