Thread: New HR-1 Rack Cabinets

New HR-1 Rack Cabinets

Here is a sneak preview of my soon to be completed HR-1 rack cabinets. The pair of these will clean up the living room for sure.

Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Picture 2

I put 6 heavy duty casters so the 430lb monitors can be moved around.

They will be textured using spray (Orange Peel) then painted to look like the textured walls in our living room. I am currenty building new grill frames and have already aquired a complimenting grill cloth.

When all is complete I will post some pics. Should be quite nice.

Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ummm We will get a picture when its full??

They look great!

Rob

Rob

These will sit on either side of my new 42" DLP HDTV.

I will definately post pics. All 8 of my AB Amps will reside in these cabs as well as the other electronics.

Quite excited about getting it all completed.

Ken

And, the much-overdue picture of the lovely Julie. Suz is there, Ms. Gadget, and of course, Ian's (growing...) harem. I sure you can work her in, even clandestine, hey?

Hey, btw, we're hosting an outdoor party up here, Oct 2th, in the La Honda redwoods. Plenty bands, some caterers, BYO - wanna come up? Full house but if you're in the vicinity, it'd be some fun.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

'These will sit on either side of my new 42" DLP HDTV.'

Very nice!!

"All 8 of my AB Amps will reside in these cabs as well as the other electronics."

Holly Cow!! So you are 4 way active with all 8 strapped! My god man:shock: Must sound great!

Rob

Hi Rob

Originally posted by Robh3606

Holly Cow!! So you are 4 way active with all 8 strapped! My god man:shock: Must sound great!

Rob [/B]
    Rob, after having time to sort out several problems the system is sounding fantastic. As much as I miss the 4345's these HR-1's are truly amazing and excel in depth of soundstage and imaging. They take my breath away and are the finest monitors I have ever heard. I wish you guys could hear them as one always wonders if others would feel the same.

I have spent several weeks meticulously rebuilding part of the HRX 4-way crossovers. I installed all new electrolytic’s thereby solving an annoying, intermittent problem that resembled taking a pin and scratching the cone on a woofer and amplifying it. Almost all the resistors/capacitors and all 210 op amps were replaced with same (new) components. New Bourne trim-pots were installed on all eight channels to control output to each amp. I used translucent trim-pots as it aids in keeping channels similar, left to right. I have sourced replacements for some polyester caps used at critical crossover points but have not had time to install them yet.

Just for the record, I ended up with 2 DN800 Klark Teknik 4-way crossovers of which one will be sold as soon as the HRX refurbish is complete. If anyone is looking for a high end 4 way with some great features let me know. I will modify it to your required specs.

Time for bed…

Ken

Thread Information