Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: K2 S5800 and K2 S9800SE on sale

Great!Wirt,seems dream come to truth
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    Come on Martin , your asking us to write you a book...... USE THE SEARCH and the rest of the internet. .
    Better still , just stick to the Vintage gear you love so much !

Rich
    Not a book,just a few words i will do it by myself
    Of course,i still insist that the old is better
    46 lover

Martin:

您是滑稽的。 我享受您的幽默。

(I hope I got that right. 我的中国人不是好。)
    Out.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

And thanks for sharing -- can't wait for a detailed report once they're dialed in!

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    i still insist that the old is better
    And you are entitled to your opinion... and you might even still have that opinion if you had the opportunity to audition your favorite vintage system and a modern system in the same room, but I know for a fact that most people would definitely prefer the modern system over the older system.

I have heard all of the higher end contemporary JBLs numerous times and I have heard quite a few vintage systems over the years... for me the decision is an easy one.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Martin:

您是滑稽的。 我享受您的幽默。

(I hope I got that right. 我的中国人不是好。)
    真令人吃惊,球顶钛膜,您竟然会说中文!
    不是我的中国人不好,是我的汉语不好
    But i'm serious indeed,what's that fun?
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    And you are entitled to your opinion... and you might even still have that opinion if you had the opportunity to audition your favorite vintage system and a modern system in the same room, but I know for a fact that most people would definitely prefer the modern system over the older system.

I have heard all of the higher end contemporary JBLs numerous times and I have heard quite a few vintage systems over the years... for me the decision is an easy one.

Widget
    I think a JBL without connections of the traditional JBL is not a JBL anymore,many modern speakers can beat it away
    Agian,secifications are not everything
    BTW,many todays JBL products are just pure industies rubbish(such as E,N,S,LS ES series) except 4312,4338,4348,4307 5800,9800 etc.
    46 lover

不是我的中国人不好,是我的汉语不好
    你懂我说的话吗

My girlfriend's mom is half Chinese and half Korean. 맙소사 나는 둘 다 알아야 한다!

It's crazy!

Here are a few words about the K2 S9500. It is a good design in the M-T-M fashion, but refined. Its advantage is great imaging at a central point. Some background is here:

http://www.birotechnology.com/articles/VSTWLA.html

I find it enjoyable, but its drawback is that the tweeter and UHF height can be too low unless the enclosure is elevated or tilted to bring the HF/UHF drivers close to ear height. Otherwise, I slouch in my chair to get the "sweet spot."

If I did not have the K2 S9900 pair in my home, I would have jumped on the K2 S9500 even before the K2 S9800. At the clearance price it would have been irresistible. It is a beautiful looking speaker. It sounds beautiful, too.

EDIT: I meant to write S5800.
    Last edited by Titanium Dome; 03-01-2011 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Model error
    Out.

Thanks for sharing. What a nice set up !!!

18" from the back wall seems too short. 30" would be far better !!!!

Then I agree with Titanium dome, K2 s9500 are beautiful looking speaker. But I am sure that s9900 and 9800 too are more accurate and plug and play system than S9500.
    Regards Stephane

Obsolete
    I think a JBL without connections of the traditional JBL is not a JBL anymore,many modern speakers can beat it away
    Agian,secifications are not everything
    BTW,many todays JBL products are just pure industies rubbish(such as E,N,S,LS ES series) except 4312,4338,4348,4307 5800,9800 etc.
    Well yeah, I think everyone gets your point. JBL as we know it is Done. Gone. Finished. And on that note there is alot to be said for the legacy systems.

I wonder if these systems were the last of the Made in U.S.A. stock.

Congrats !

You must feel wonderful , just sit listen and smile for weeks ,then every now and then, Giggle like a little child ... BTW, the veneer must be a bonus suprise

Beautiful , I'm genuinely delighted for you sir !

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Well yeah, I think everyone gets your point. JBL as we know it is Done. Gone. Finished. And on that note there is alot to be said for the legacy systems.

I wonder if these systems were the last of the Made in U.S.A. stock.
    A moment of silent reflection for the audio company we all knew and loved. They will be sorely missed, but not forgotten (here at least). Those on this thread that can afford to take advantage of this sell off are getting some killer deals. One wonders where JBL might have been if they had been able to get these units into the "high end" audio ecosystem instead of just producing them for Asia.

All water under the bridge now....flushed away like so many other great American companies....

jblnut

Quote Originally Posted by jblnut View Post
    A moment of silent reflection for the audio company we all knew and loved. They will be sorely missed, but not forgotten (here at least). Those on this thread that can afford to take advantage of this sell off are getting some killer deals. One wonders where JBL might have been if they had been able to get these units into the "high end" audio ecosystem instead of just producing them for Asia.

All water under the bridge now....flushed away like so many other great American companies....

jblnut

During the 24 hours spent contemplating whether or not to make my purchase of the K2-9800SE, I consider the fact that this may be the last opportunity to own a new made in America JBL product built by the craftsman at Northridge CA. As 4313B stated these closeouts may very well be the last of a dying breed. Sad really…

Quote Originally Posted by hwirt View Post
    During the 24 hours spent contemplating whether or not to make my purchase of the K2-9800SE, I consider the fact that this may be the last opportunity to own a made in America JBL product built by the craftsman at Northridge CA. As 4313B stated these closeouts may very well be the last of a dying breed. Sad really…
    Sad, and yet that sad fact produced some of the happiest acquisitions of my life. Perhaps it is the same for you now.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Sad, and yet that sad fact produced some of the happiest acquisitions of my life. Perhaps it is the same for you now.

Your absolutely right Dome; was happy when I got my first set of L100's, even happier when upgrading to the L220's and now the K2's. This must be as good as it gets. Is for me.

Thread Information