Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: K2 S5800 and K2 S9800SE on sale

a pair of second hand K2S9500 appears on the Chinese HIFI website,priced 86000RMB
    What's the main differences between9500,9800,9800SE and 9900?
    46 lover

Truck pulled up at 12:58 EDT

Me and my neighbor Nick moved the speakers up to the second floor using a two wheel dolly.

Man these speakers are heavy, had to take a short break between lifts. The boxes were in excellent shape almost perfect but very dusty. Light rain outside so the rug is a bit of a mess. Get out the rug doctor.

Shadow waits patiently for a demo.... Going to take a few minutes to refresh then open the boxes.

Wtf ?

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    a pair of second hand K2S9500 appears on the Chinese HIFI website,priced 86000RMB
    What's the main differences between9500,9800,9800SE and 9900?
    Come on Martin , your asking us to write you a book...... USE THE SEARCH and the rest of the internet. .
    Better still , just stick to the Vintage gear you love so much !

Rich

Nice condition on the boxes

your going to be a very happy man even shadow is going to like the sound

you will hear the diference in tech in the las 30 years

Removing the speakers from the boxes:

One side of the box is marked "open this side", using a razor knife I carefully cut the clear tape around the perimeter. The flaps of the box open in sequence.

Working using two hands I carefully rock the speaker from side to side until out of the box.

Removing the packing is straight forward with the exception of the bottom foam. To remove the bottom foam I laid three couch cushions on the floor, rotated the speaker and carefully laid it on its back. This allowed the removal of the bottom foam piece.

Some observations; the speakers are very well packaged, in fact it takes some time to carefully cut the clear tape to remove the covering especially on the grill. Moving them around the room takes quit a bit of strength in fact my L220's felt comparatively light!

Here's a rear view & front view fully unpackaged:

Here's the pair moved into the listening position.

Looking good. Real good.

Thanks for posting the unpacking pictures, I love seeing real user pics of such gear. The craftsmanship on those cabs looks amazing, certainly puts some perspective on my performance series stuff...

On a much more humble note my hit88's arrived today. Not refurb packing, seems no price mixup. Hope to be able to order a couple back boxes next week if they still got them.

Why no interest in the 4312's? Isn't it pretty odd to see them offered?
    JBL doesn't want to sell you Performance Series speakers.

Those look great!!!!!!!!! Good for you

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

that wood grain is very nice indeed

dont forget to change the 9 volt battery in the charge coppled XO it propably in good condition but it must be several years old.

i would cretanly do it just to be shure of propper funtion

have you pluged them in

I'm SO glad they arrived unscathed.

One thing I'm wondering... The sticker on the box says Black Gloss and the model has a "BG" suffix, but they both appear to be Wood Grain, which is a "WG" suffix I thought.

Those look awesome!

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by hwirt View Post
    Here's the pair moved into the listening position.
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post
    On a much more humble note my hit88's arrived today. Not refurb packing, seems no price mixup.
    Cool! Depending on the quality of the drivers I'll order another one if they are still available.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    One thing I'm wondering... The sticker on the box says Black Gloss and the model has a "BG" suffix, but they both appear to be Wood Grain, which is a "WG" suffix I thought.
    Nope... "BG" is the same finish that all current Array Series speakers come in as well. It is a "zebra wood" that has been stained charcoal and has a high gloss finish on it. The "WG" finish is the same thing but with a reddish stain.

Yes, those do look nice, Congratulations!!!

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Nope... "BG" is the same finish that all current Array Series speakers come in as well. It is a "zebra wood" that has been stained charcoal and has a high gloss finish on it. The "WG" finish is the same thing but with a reddish stain.

Yes, those do look nice, Congratulations!!!

Widget
    Thank you to everyone for the kind comments. I was surprised at the cabinet finish expecting black with a wood grain pattern but glad to see a more conventional finish. The fit and finish on the speakers is amazing!

Oh by the way they sound fantastic, just playing random songs and some high resolution 24/96 digital tracks. Need a little time to settle in and find the correct settings and positions. As they came from the factory the midrange and high end is a little too up front for my room. I'll comment further when they are dialed in. Thanks again to Lansing Heritage Forum for the tip, I couldn't be happier.

And thanks to Greg Timbers and staff for another great JBL product.

Looks good! Congratulations!

First thing I'd recommend, after replacing the batteries, is to move them out from the wall. You saw where I started when I first got my K2s--way too far back. Once they came out about 18" they started to take on a new character and now at about three feet they really can breathe and sing.

Good luck, good fun.
    Out.

HTI88's are fine, no refurbs, factory new. A little bigger than I expected really, but I suppose that is just because I'm not used to seeing in-walls that have dual 8" drivers. Nice aluminum cones and a very hefty crossover. Nice bit of kit for $80.

Not $500 nice. But nice.
    JBL doesn't want to sell you Performance Series speakers.

Thread Information