Quote Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
Oh my, these responses are encourageing. Seems my apprehensions are shifting more towards potential amplification rather than driver failures.
Equally encourageing is how no one seems to think twice about how often or how hard they drive their loudspeakers.
After all, it would be quite a shame to be in possesion of a pair(s) of classic, vintage JBL`s only to have them on static display.
Not that I listen to excessive volumes, being 48 years old and living in a condo, most of my listening for the past 20 or so years has shifted to the Jazz genre but I do, on occasion pull out some Metallica or Boston and head for the volume-up button

Perhaps a few more replies will be enough to push me over the edge!
I listen to jazz almost daily through my 4343 studio monitors in bi-amp mode in basement, and 4311B in the living room.
This four-way 4343 were the king of the speaker systems in the 1970s to Japanese jazz fans, they say. If you haven't had chances to listen to 4343 or its upgraded version 4344, especially as you seem to be a jazz fan like me, just go for them. You'd like them very much.