Thread: Happy Australia Day...

Happy Australia Day...

To all the Australian members here, I just thought I'd wish you all the best for our National Day.

Anyway, here's a joke:

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 200 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the Brit’s, in the weeks that followed, an American archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story published in the New York Times: “American archaeologists, finding traces of 250-year-old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the British”.

One week later, the state’s Dept of Minerals and Energy in Western Australia, reported the following:

“After digging as deep as 30 feet in Western Australia’s Pilbara region, Jack Lucknow, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely f**k all. Jack has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Australia had already gone wireless.”

Just makes you bloody proud to be Australian.

I might be deaf, but I can still hear da bells! (Quasimodo)
    .... Oh, and the Kick Drum.

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    To all the Australian members here, I just thought I'd wish you all the best for our National Day.

Anyway, here's a joke:

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 200 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the Brit’s, in the weeks that followed, an American archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story published in the New York Times: “American archaeologists, finding traces of 250-year-old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the British”.

One week later, the state’s Dept of Minerals and Energy in Western Australia, reported the following:

“After digging as deep as 30 feet in Western Australia’s Pilbara region, Jack Lucknow, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely f**k all. Jack has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Australia had already gone wireless.”

Just makes you bloody proud to be Australian.

4435, 4430, 4315, 4312B.
    2 x Bryston 4BSST2, BGW 203, JBL 5235, Aphex 720.

Congrats on your National Day!

I'd drink a beer with you guys, but I can only hold my beer upside down if my mouth is under it. That's why I ain't got no culture, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Congrats on your National Day!

I'd drink a beer with you guys, but I can only hold my beer upside down if my mouth is under it. That's why I ain't got no culture, I reckon.
    That's why we drink it straight out of the keg.
    Come on down, we'll show ya a bit of culture. We got sh*tloads of it....
    I might be deaf, but I can still hear da bells! (Quasimodo)
    .... Oh, and the Kick Drum.

An absolutely great nation, but please change the National Anthem from that old British stiff upper lip abortion to I Am Australian!
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47 View Post
    An absolutely great nation,
    Yup....we may end up there later this year, BUT the movie sucked...
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thread Information