Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Array 1400 at CES 2011

Quote Originally Posted by andywin View Post
    I've always used that test. A number of times now guests have asked who's plaing the piano in the other room, not realising it was a recording.

An amateur pianist friend who heard these in Munich http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipmen...ox_elysian.htm thinks my 1400's give a more realistic portrayal of music. I'm not sure that he's right but it does tend to reinforce how good the 1400's are.
    I've heard them. Very nice, but I would rather listen to 1400's and my sub swarm to be honest. I really like the imaging of the the vertical horn.

Quote Originally Posted by andywin View Post
    I've always used that test. A number of times now guests have asked who's plaing the piano in the other room, not realising it was a recording.

An amateur pianist friend who heard these in Munich http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipmen...ox_elysian.htm thinks my 1400's give a more realistic portrayal of music. I'm not sure that he's right but it does tend to reinforce how good the 1400's are.
    Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    I've heard them. Very nice, but I would rather listen to 1400's and my sub swarm to be honest. I really like the imaging of the the vertical horn.
    Interesting, a few threads on a few other forums i frequent about that review of the Living Voice Olympian speakers , needless to say at £300,000, they divide opinions on what good sound is and what VFM is! i think for £300K i'd buy a nice holiday home in the CO Rockies!

I've not heard the LV speakers, although i didn't realise the maker is only an hour away by car, (but whats the point in going to listen to a speaker i can't afford! hopefully will get to hear them at a show) I'm looking forward to hearing the 1400s even more now after your friends comments on the speakers compared! Just got a few weeks to wait.

Thread Information