Hi guys.

I'm having a hard time making up a decision. I own a pair of piano black 250 Ti Jubilee in mint condition. They are good speakers, very good.

After some searching I came across the XPL-200's which are (as per opinions on this forum) highly regarded. I have a chance to acqiure a set of XPL-200's in good shape at approx. 1000 USD. The seller states the veneer needs some TLC and grills need new cloth. No biggie. It is a buy and enjoy kind of deal. To not get bored too soon I could play around a bit with active x-overs and Biamping using heavy weight amps. Maybe attempt to clone the DX-1 as it seems to me it would be one of the most desired initiatives in the JBL community.

On the other side I would love to lay my hands on a pair of big blue baffle cabinets 4344 or 4345. Unfortunately this route has one serious drawback. It would most likely be a very time consuming project not to mention the money factor (3.5-4k USD from my estimates). Cloning is my only option because Europe isn't a JBL speaker mine like the US coasts and they can cost double or triple that ammount if original with signs of use.

What would you more experienced JBL fans suggest me? My brain is telling me to buy the XPL's but I can't trust it as much as I can trust someone who has actually had a chance to compare the two.

Please leave me 0.02 $ each if you have an opinion.

Maciek.