Thread: jbl l65as

jbl l65as

i just got my jbl l65as home and im doing some cosmetic cleaning of the cabs ant watco oiling them and i have a question. i believe they are the a series which appears on the foilcals but a b is stamped into the foilcal after the serial number and the a appears on the foilcal just like the serial # the woofer is a 129h and the crossover is located on the bottom of the cab (inside ofcourse). my question is i know the jubal has the 128h woofer is it possoble to just swap the 129h out and put the 128h in without doing anything to the crossovers? thanx brad

Quote Originally Posted by brad6285 View Post
    i know the jubal has the 128h woofer
    the question may be one of premise...

The L65 Jubal had the 126A, the L65A had the 122A, and the L65B had the 129H. Don't know any L65s that came with the 128H, though it might have improved them.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Yep, the 128H-1 is the recommended replacement for any L65. Though for the "B" they call it an exact acoustic replacement for the 129H.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thread Information